Outcast Bumper and gear box case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think TBR needs to do a better job of ensuring the screws they send are the proper length.
Someone else has an issue whereby they cracked the diff casing threads because of the long screws.
This should not be a guessing game - send the right screws TBR!

Ha ha !! The shorter screws that came out with the bumper are 4mm longer the original which is perfect but there's two longer ones ??
I put the longer in the rear of the diff case and the shorter ones up front hope I don't have the same issue as you

How long did it take to get your tbone bumper ?
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago now and its still listed ad a new order. I emailed them over a week ago and still have no reply ?

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago now and its still listed ad a new order. I emailed them over a week ago and still have no reply ?
I order it on the 1/2/2017 and got it on the 2/3 2017 so around 1 month they sent me an email when it was shipped apparently they make them as they are orded. Send them an email chasing it up they responded to the one I sent !! Good luck

IMG_3275.jpg

I order it on the 1/2/2017 and got it on the 2/3 2017 so around 1 month they sent me an email when it was shipped apparently they make them as they are orded. Send them an email chasing it up they responded to the one I sent !! Good luck

View attachment 8433
Yeah, it said they make them to order... But everything in my basket said in stock ?
Either way 3 weeks without telling me if theyve been posted or not is a bit rude... Especially when i emailed and asked about them. I don't care if they take a while to get here i just want to know whats happening with them !? I'll email them again and see if i get a response this time ?
I ordered 5 bumpers all up so its not like it overly cheap order.

How are the bumpers anyway ? Seem strong enough ??

Yeah, it said they make them to order... But everything in my basket said in stock ?
Either way 3 weeks without telling me if theyve been posted or not is a bit rude... Especially when i emailed and asked about them. I don't care if they take a while to get here i just want to know whats happening with them !? I'll email them again and see if i get a response this time ?
I ordered 5 bumpers all up so its not like it overly cheap order.

How are the bumpers anyway ? Seem strong enough ??
The bumper is great had a few bashes and she's held up well. I wish I had orded a rear skid plate at the same time. Does anybody know who makes rear Aluminium chassis braces for the typhon or Outcast??
Hope your bumper comes soon and be careful of the different length screws !!

Cool... And I'll be checking the screws !
I ordered 2front and 2 rear typhon bumper and a talion front.... Theyre to go on a kraton and a typhon.. Didnt want the big kraton ones....

The chassis braces.. gka custom rc parts do them. And im pretty sure hot racing does them too

Yes, Hot Racing makes them also. I ordered my front and rear aluminum chassis braces from them last night for my Outcast. I personally like the looks of the Hot Racing better than the GKA ones because they blend in better than the polished look of the GKA (which do look very nice as well).

Yes, Hot Racing makes them also. I ordered my front and rear aluminum chassis braces from them last night for my Outcast. I personally like the looks of the Hot Racing better than the GKA ones because they blend in better than the polished look of the GKA (which do look very nice as well).
I see them now but it says there all sold out :(
Where did you order yours ??

I ordered them from Tower Hobbies. I have ordered a lot from them lately, I'm just getting back in the hobby after about 8 years. I ordered my Outcast and Typhon from them. Their prices (especially with coupon codes) are nearly impossible to beat. I paid $449.00 for my Outcast and $379.00 for my Typhon shipping included and no tax!

I ordered them from Tower Hobbies. I have ordered a lot from them lately, I'm just getting back in the hobby after about 8 years. I ordered my Outcast and Typhon from them. Their prices (especially with coupon codes) are nearly impossible to beat. I paid $449.00 for my Outcast and $379.00 for my Typhon shipping included and no tax!
Wow there great prices in Australia were paying A$ 850.
I must be blind I can't find the rear brace for the typhon/ Outcast can u post the link ?? Thanks

I assume they are the same from the Kraton and Talion. When I clicked on the ones I ordered, there was a place to click on "compatability" or something like that. It listed most of the Arrma 1/8 scale line including the Outcast. I'm not 100% sure if I'm correct so if anyone could chime in and help confirm they will or won't work.

Ok, so after a little more looking around it seems the rear chassis brace is shorter on the Outcast, Typhon, and Senton so the rear one I purchased will not work on the Outcast but I will just keep it till I order the Kraton in a few more months. I can't seem to find the Hot Racing rear aluminum chassis brace. I will be keeping an eye out for one.

I assume they are the same from the Kraton and Talion. When I clicked on the ones I ordered, there was a place to click on "compatability" or something like that. It listed most of the Arrma 1/8 scale line including the Outcast. I'm not 100% sure if I'm correct so if anyone could chime in and help confirm they will or won't work.

Ok, so after a little more looking around it seems the rear chassis brace is shorter on the Outcast, Typhon, and Senton so the rear one I purchased will not work on the Outcast but I will just keep it till I order the Kraton in a few more months. I can't seem to find the Hot Racing rear aluminum chassis brace. I will be keeping an eye out for one.
Cool !! I fount the HR one but it's sold out :(

Wow there great prices in Australia were paying A$ 850.
I must be blind I can't find the rear brace for the typhon/ Outcast can u post the link ?? Thanks
At my local shop in perth the outcast is 758... I got my kraton for 699 and typhon for 599...
I looked on tower hobbies for the kraton and after usd to aud and post it came to over 900 bucks ! Post alone was 250 aud !

At my local shop in perth the outcast is 758... I got my kraton for 699 and typhon for 599...
I looked on tower hobbies for the kraton and after usd to aud and post it came to over 900 bucks ! Post alone was 250 aud !
What's your local shop in Perth ? I've been ordering parts online from Mas hobbies in WA quick delivery and they seem to have everything

What's your local shop in Perth ? I've been ordering parts online from Mas hobbies in WA quick delivery and they seem to have everything
Thats my local shop.... Takes about 5 min to get there from my work.
And yep he stocks almost everything ! Really good prices too :)

Thats my local shop.... Takes about 5 min to get there from my work.
And yep he stocks almost everything ! Really good prices too :)
Lucky he's not around the corner from me I'd spend a fortune :) !! He's good I've Ordered a fair bit of him. He always has what I need in stock. All the shops around here don't have the stock and want to order it for me. Two weeks later :mad: it rolls up. Mas ships the same day two days I have it !!

Lucky he's not around the corner from me I'd spend a fortune :) !! He's good I've Ordered a fair bit of him. He always has what I need in stock. All the shops around here don't have the stock and want to order it for me. Two weeks later :mad: it rolls up. Mas ships the same day two days I have it !!
Sounds like living in perth ! Thats usually what we get for everything...not just hobby stuff..... Its gotta come from over east and we have to order it ... Thats why W.A really stands for Wait Awhile ! :p haha...
But yeah, Darren at mas is awesome... Whenever he runs out of stock he gets new stuff in so theres pretty much always what you need already there. He doesn't really do aftermarket... But he has a huge amount of factory stock all the time. Same goes with cars... He's the best in the west for stock, if not all if aus !
Really helpful and just a good all round guy too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back