Outcast Bumper and gear box case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey has anyone split the screw flute in the front diff / gearbox housing where the bumper attaches on the Outcast ???
I have ordered the parts looks like a mission to change. Any tips or things I should know ??

Hey has anyone split the screw flute in the front diff / gearbox housing where the bumper attaches on the Outcast ???
I have ordered the parts looks like a mission to change. Any tips or things I should know ??
Don't put stock bumper system back on, it's crap!!! Replace with Typhon/Kraton stock mini bumper to hold in pin arms, and slap on a Typhon Tbone bumper, fits perfect, doesn't snag on stuff, won't break unless you hit a pole maybe on WOT. Attaches to bottom chassis only.
IMG_20161221_214640279.jpg

Yes I have split this on my rear case, it sucks

Don't put stock bumper system back on, it's crap!!! Replace with Typhon/Kraton stock mini bumper to hold in pin arms, and slap on a Typhon Tbone bumper, fits perfect, doesn't snag on stuff, won't break unless you hit a pole maybe on WOT. Attaches to bottom chassis only.View attachment 6118
Looks great !!!
Any chance of getting some part numbers of ya ?save me having to research

Don't put stock bumper system back on, it's crap!!! Replace with Typhon/Kraton stock mini bumper to hold in pin arms, and slap on a Typhon Tbone bumper, fits perfect, doesn't snag on stuff, won't break unless you hit a pole maybe on WOT. Attaches to bottom chassis only.View attachment 6118

I noticed you said 'bumper system' and not just the bumper. I just removed the bumper that's held in by 2 screws and left what was behind it before I installed my Typhon bumper. It feels adequate to me.

Is the mini bumper?

upload_2017-1-31_15-36-16.png

If so, can you explain why it's better to have the Typhon/Kraton stock mini bumper behind the T-bone over the Outcast's?

Looks great !!!
Any chance of getting some part numbers of ya ?save me having to research
AR330230 is the minibumper and search Tbone Typhon, I bought straight from there sight, TBR I think.

I noticed you said 'bumper system' and not just the bumper. I just removed the bumper that's held in by 2 screws and left what was behind it before I installed my Typhon bumper. It feels adequate to me.

Is the mini bumper?

View attachment 6136

If so, can you explain why it's better to have the Typhon/Kraton stock mini bumper behind the T-bone over the Outcast's?
If you have clearance to put Typhon bumper that should work too, mine was damaged so I replaced with stock minibumper from Typhon, same as Kraton I believe.

AR330230 is the minibumper and search Tbone Typhon, I bought straight from there sight, TBR I think.

If you have clearance to put Typhon bumper that should work too, mine was damaged so I replaced with stock minibumper from Typhon, same as Kraton I believe.
Thanks Rich !!
Picked up the mini bumper to lock of the pins just gotta order the T bone. Does it come with longer screws ?
I've seen all your vids nice jumping. I cringe every time I hand over the controller to my 7 year old.
I can't find the diff shims anywhere. team acc are sold out :( Hard to get in Australia!!

Thanks Rich !!
Picked up the mini bumper to lock of the pins just gotta order the T bone. Does it come with longer screws ?
I've seen all your vids nice jumping. I cringe every time I hand over the controller to my 7 year old.
I can't find the diff shims anywhere. team acc are sold out :( Hard to get in Australia!!
Thanks Camo, I cringe too when landings start getting lid or end first with the kids bashing...Lol. They are getting better at driving the Arrmas, but progress can be painful at times. Can you get Mugen shims E0206, they fit perfectly, but only come with 5 planetary shims, and like 12 satellite. I'm still hoping the Team Durango's will become available again soon.

Thanks Camo, I cringe too when landings start getting lid or end first with the kids bashing...Lol. They are getting better at driving the Arrmas, but progress can be painful at times. Can you get Mugen shims E0206, they fit perfectly, but only come with 5 planetary shims, and like 12 satellite. I'm still hoping the Team Durango's will become available again soon.
Hey Rich what do u think of the TBR basher front bumper ?
Can't make my mind up between the Typhon or basher. It looks like the basher connects to the diff case as well as the chassis and pretty bulky

Hey Rich what do u think of the TBR basher front bumper ?
Can't make my mind up between the Typhon or basher. It looks like the basher connects to the diff case as well as the chassis and pretty bulky
I'm not into bulky or diff case attachment design. I've bashed the living crap out of the Typhon one on Outcast, Typhon, and the Kraton, still going strong with no problems. PS it does come with longer screws.

I'm not into bulky or diff case attachment design. I've bashed the living crap out of the Typhon one on Outcast, Typhon, and the Kraton, still going strong with no problems. PS it does come with longer screws.
Thanks heaps appreciate it !!!
Looks like I'll be getting the Typhon Tbone :)

That picture is from TBR-10053, exclusive bumper for the Outcast. I never heard of it untill Woodie mentioned it in another thread. I'm curious iff anyone else has put this bumper on their Outcast already. Or is every one putting on the Typhone bumper? Typhone bumper looks better on the Outcast imo but the Outcast bumper offers more protection I think.

Any opinions on this?

I would go with the typhon bumper as it's not attached to the front gearbox case but the basher is. I just spent 2 hours changing the gearbox case because I split a screw flute. I'm waiting for the Tbone to arrive takes so long from the states :(

I've seen a lot of you guys talking about Diff Shims. I've never used them on any of my vehicles. Can you tell me what purpose they serve and how to install them? Thanks.

I've seen a lot of you guys talking about Diff Shims. I've never used them on any of my vehicles. Can you tell me what purpose they serve and how to install them? Thanks.
Shimming tightens the gear mesh a bit to avoid gear failures, see Thomas Ps how to videos, Tp-PartsRC-Xtreme.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back