Granite Bumper upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow all i got was this. I wonder if they will send me a new bar?? I guess ill ask.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180411-210251_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20180411-210251_Gmail.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 62

Here is a quick video, so far so good with just epoxy and electrical tape. About to put two more packs through it. I did the Magesty input diff mod since the parts finally came in. Think it’s time for a bigger motor/ESC since it started to over heat by the end of the second pack.

Here is a quick video, so far so good with just epoxy and electrical tape. About to put two more packs through it. I did the Magesty input diff mod since the parts finally came in. Think it’s time for a bigger motor/ESC since it started to over heat by the end of the second pack.

That Duratrax system is more or less a Castle sidewinder system. They don't like anything over 5 lbs when it comes to 4x4s. I would stick with Hobbywing - I can easily rip through 4 3s packs on my stockish Granite 4x4 with the blx85 system, but I do have a fan on both the motor & ESC.

thanks, think I'll hold off on upgrading the motor until a spur upgrade is available. Don't think I'm able to do the yeti mod myself.

thanks, think I'll hold off on upgrading the motor until a spur upgrade is available. Don't think I'm able to do the yeti mod myself.
The blx85 system is the 60a ESC with the 3800kv motor. It's the rebranded HW system from Arrma's 1/10 brushless cars. It's not really an upgrade but it can easily handle the weight of this truck on 3s w/o overheating. I just put fans on it because I put fans on everything :p It came from the original brushless Granite that I've retired.

19E09D8F-602F-4EC8-B71F-C1A033E1A7E6.jpeg
HD input gear came in but the tires didn’t last 10 minutes lol

Castle 3800k sw4 setup, can’t remember which pinion gear I have in it right now.

2s or 3s? I ran that combo for a while on 3s. Hope you addressed the 48p spur gear or you will be chewing through those too.

2s, I did. The desert isn’t very forgiving, going to get stiffer compound tires for it

2s, I did. The desert isn’t very forgiving, going to get stiffer compound tires for it

I run Proline Trenchers on mine and they are awesome for grass, dirt and occasional pavement.

Anybody try the red bumper? curious as to how close it matches the red of the truck....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back