Raider Burned out my 2nd Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Burned out my Reedy Radon 3000 was a decent motor only problem was that it ran really hot one time it was smoking a bit probaly going to upgrade to a Brushless Motor setup since im getting tired of brushed

Burned out my Reedy Radon 3000 was a decent motor only problem was that it ran really hot one time it was smoking a bit probaly going to upgrade to a Brushless Motor setup since im getting tired of brushed

Did you ever change the brushes on that puppy?
Yeah, once you go brushless, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Lots of advantages besides faster acceleration and higher top end.
  • No more need to use that electrical contact spray, that's gotta be cancer in a can.
  • No more worn out motor bushings, you'll be running on bearing.
  • Greater motor longevity.

Im gonna start saving since the weather in Chicago is really poopy so i still have time to get ready

I burned up the mega esc and motor after 5 months. I upgraded to brushless and its almost ready to go! But yea like steve said brushless is the way to go bro!

My Stock Esc held up just the orignal motor the mega 15 turn burn out it was burnt to a crisp

I burned up the mega ESC and motor after 5 months. I upgraded to brushless and its almost ready to go! But yea like steve said brushless is the way to go bro!
Once you go brushless, you can't go back!

Im thinking of getting a Leopard system of ebay i seen one of your videos you had the Hobby power or something Esc

What a great way to rid the world of brushed junk!

I wish it was any different, but almost all stock brushed RTR motor are of poor (cheap) quality.
And to upgrade a brushed motor to one, which is more durable and with more power is concerning the motor often more expensive than a brushless motor. However you need to upgrade to a brushless ESC's as well, which is the most expensive part.

Once I replaced the stock motor with a Kyosho bruhed truck motor with neodymium magnets, the fun started.
But no comparison with a brushless system. Since that is in the Fury, it is really flying like my Mojave BLX

I wish it was any different, but almost all stock brushed RTR motor are of poor (cheap) quality.
And to upgrade a brushed motor to one, which is more durable and with more power is concerning the motor often more expensive than a brushless motor. However you need to upgrade to a brushless ESC's as well, which is the most expensive part.

Once I replaced the stock motor with a Kyosho bruhed truck motor with neodymium magnets, the fun started.
But no comparison with a brushless system. Since that is in the Fury, it is really flying like my Mojave BLX

Agreed, they are cheap. From the perspective of the manufacturers, these are entry level products, with low prices to entice those who have been teetering on jumping into this madness. Look at the price jump between a Traxxas Rustler brushed to brushless for example.
The board and the members are a totally different group. To a man, I haven't noticed any gals yet, we all want to run, either race or bash and we all want to maximize our experience. And maximizing can be something different to all of us.
Back to brushless; once you get a taste, you can't go back!

Still it irritates me that all the brands walk away with a poor motor.
The risk is that newbie buyers will stop with the hobby because failure comes so quickly.

There will be a time soon I think, where the brushed motor will not be for sale anymore.
"Mild" brushless systems like 2-pole 2700kV 540 cans will replace them.

I bought the mega raider and ran 2s and burned the esc and the motor in just couple months, but im soo glad i did because thanks to steve it is running close to 50mph , i need a wheelie bar!

Still it irritates me that all the brands walk away with a poor motor.
The risk is that newbie buyers will stop with the hobby because failure comes so quickly.

There will be a time soon I think, where the brushed motor will not be for sale anymore.
"Mild" brushless systems like 2-pole 2700kV 540 cans will replace them.

You're still back to the price point issue, a brushed system, their cost is prob $40, brushless is $100.
That very well could be a barrier to many from entering the hobby.

I bought the mega raider and ran 2s and burned the ESC and the motor in just couple months, but im soo glad i did because thanks to steve it is running close to 50mph , i need a wheelie bar!

I'm so glad it worked out for you Chad!
I think I enjoyed the kid's narration more than the bashing in your video. :D
Next...
Pitch the 35A ESC BLS for some 80A power? :rolleyes:
Huh?
Muahahahaha! :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back