Busted a Spektrum S2640 (rant)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Rant start: I am not happy about this. Got this brand new servo not even a month ago. I have the receipt and everything but Horizon is being a pain in the cheeks. The thing is if I call them/live chat with them again and get a different agent then they will warranty. I don't wanna do it because I just don't want to go through the pain of busting it again. I busted this servo on a normal bash right after I landed a 1.5foot high backflip. At first, I thought "the plug must have come loose from the reciever". Opened it up and nope! Then I thought the motor wire or something must have de-soldered. I got my Soldering iron ready and opened the servo up but I could find anything! De soldered the motor from the PCB and gave it 7.2 volts and the motor was spinning perfectly fine. I put the servo back together and it worked but it had some sort of jittering issue when turned both left and right. I did the same process all over again but I couldn't find anything. I think I am going to buy an Amazon special servo just to get this over with. I have learned my lesson to just not go with expensive shiz and get the safer, cheaper, and better Amazon servo. Rant over

Rant start: I am not happy about this. Got this brand new servo not even a month ago. I have the receipt and everything but Horizon is being a pain in the cheeks. The thing is if I call them/live chat with them again and get a different agent then they will warranty. I don't wanna do it because I just don't want to go through the pain of busting it again. I busted this servo on a normal bash right after I landed a 1.5foot high backflip. At first, I thought "the plug must have come loose from the reciever". Opened it up and nope! Then I thought the motor wire or something must have de-soldered. I got my Soldering iron ready and opened the servo up but I could find anything! De soldered the motor from the PCB and gave it 7.2 volts and the motor was spinning perfectly fine. I put the servo back together and it worked but it had some sort of jittering issue when turned both left and right. I did the same process all over again but I couldn't find anything. I think I am going to buy an Amazon special servo just to get this over with. I have learned my lesson to just not go with expensive shiz and get the safer, cheaper, and better Amazon servo. Rant over
I don’t mean to be “that guy” but you took an electronic device apart, when you could have just had it replaced with a new one… I hate to say it brother. But when you take an electronic component apart it voids the warranty… 🤷🏻‍♂️

I am sure no one cares if you took it apart. And HH doesn't even want the servo back anyway 99% of the time IMHO. Maybe I am wrong? Yet, @Rcproponent is right.
But it is ok to rant here. I don't want to be "that guy" either. Hope I wasn't. :whistle:
:)

I don’t mean to be “that guy” but you took an electronic device apart, when you could have just had it replaced with a new one… I hate to say it brother. But when you take an electronic component apart it voids the warranty… 🤷🏻‍♂️
I did that after they said no to my warranty. I may be young but not that stupid;)

^^ got ya. I tear apart my servos also. Bear in mind Savox, Futaba and others sell replacement cases. I am sure it is assumed that a user would open and disassemble them to some extent. How could that void a warranty by doing so? Just some food for thought. But HH can be sticklers at times. I stay away from Spektrum stuff if I can. Servos especially.

^^ got ya. I tear apart my servos also. Bear in mind Savox, Futaba and others sell replacement cases. I am sure it is assumed that a user would open and disassemble them to some extent. How could that void a warranty by doing so? Just some food for thought. But HH can be sticklers at times. I stay away from Spektrum stuff if I can. Servos especially.
Ya, I learned my lesson. No more 23t servo savers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry man. That sucks.

I use JX servos in all my rigs, and have never had an issue. If you have only used the Spektrum ones, you will be amazed at the speed and power of others when you switch.

How can they know you took it apart i mean a servo is made to be taken apart. Unless you tell them thats shooting ur own foot
They never asked to send anything back maybe because im in canada

How can they know you took it apart i mean a servo is made to be taken apart. Unless you tell them thats shooting ur own foot
They never asked to send anything back maybe because im in canada
General disclaimer on most electronic components will say disassembly of said product will void warranty. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Also, there are HH reps that lurk the forums you know. Lol

I wasn’t trying to be rude, I was just saying save your time and have them replace 🤷🏻‍♂️ But he has already stated he tried warranty first before disassemble so this convo is “voided” lol

I tear everything apart..its been a problem since I was a toddler .I like to see how things work.
Hobbystar servos are all I buy.30-50$8.4 volts,fast ,powerful. Got 4 ,haven't broke any yet
Yeah, same here. I had a problem with tearing apart model cars with the screwdriver I stole from my dads toolbox. I also have a problem with giving things more voltage than they are made for. :ROFLMAO:
General disclaimer on most electronic components will say disassembly of said product will void warranty. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Also, there are HH reps that lurk the forums you know. Lol

I wasn’t trying to be rude, I was just saying save your time and have them replace 🤷🏻‍♂️ But he has already stated he tried warranty first before disassemble so this convo is “voided” lol
I get your point but honestly, I talked to them once about it and they said no. Even if I got one I would have easily sold it for $50 bucks which would have paid for 2 amazon specials. Ok now that sounds like a plan :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I was a solid DS3235 blue servo guy until I tried the JX Ecoboost. No going back now. The DS3235 just seems to have voltage problems with my 6s that I won't bother trying it with the 8s. It IS a solid choice for 3s though.
The JX Ecoboost has taken everything I've thrown its way.

I was a solid DS3235 blue servo guy until I tried the JX Ecoboost. No going back now. The DS3235 just seems to have voltage problems with my 6s that I won't bother trying it with the 8s. It IS a solid choice for 3s though.
The JX Ecoboost has taken everything I've thrown its way.
I have some of the ecoboost ones, and they do great.

I did however move up to this all steel gear 46kg - and love it!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PSLDDRD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I have some of the ecoboost ones, and they do great.

I did however move up to this all steel gear 46kg - and love it!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PSLDDRD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
I almost got that one. I asked a friend about the issue I was having and how so many vendors of DS3235 listed different voltages. He said go Ecoboost HV or that 46kg. Both are JX. He said they were made specifically with 6s and 8s in mind. The Ecoboost was available when I ordered so I got that one.

I almost got that one. I asked a friend about the issue I was having and how so many vendors of DS3235 listed different voltages. He said go Ecoboost HV or that 46kg. Both are JX. He said they were made specifically with 6s and 8s in mind. The Ecoboost was available when I ordered so I got that one.
The ecoboost one almost hits the chassis on my Kraton EXB. Also it has brass gears, but never had an issue.

The JX 46kg one is actually a little shorter and fits better in my Outcast EXB. Also has steel gears instead of brass.

The ecoboost one almost hits the chassis on my Kraton EXB. Also it has brass gears, but never had an issue.

The JX 46kg one is actually a little shorter and fits better in my Outcast EXB. Also has steel gears instead of brass.
I noticed that too. My Ecoboost just made it with the HR servo mounts. Almost thought I would need to shim it up but didn't.
Nice to know that info about the gears though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back