Busted Motor or ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yammo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
So take out my outcast today and I plug her in run her around for like less than a minute then I run up to a jump nice and smooth plan on backflippin and the car slams on the brakes midair. When I get to the car it’s clearly acting weird when I hit the throttle it’s acting like it’s got a lot of resistance and acting like it’s got 100% drag brake where the motor is locked up with no throttle applied. Took a short video of the issue showing the motor acting crazy with the motor slid to the side disengaged from the spur gear. Was thinking it’s the ESC sending wierd signals to the motor till I got home and slid the motor pinion back towards the spur and realized even when the ESC was turned off the motor was still locked up. Anyone know what’s up?

Definitely looks like a bearing failure as stated above.. time to pull it apart and get a good look..

Most likely your Kevlar wrap exploded for whatever reason, typically dirt going through bearing.... Ask me how I know :cry:
Bearings typically don't seize mid air, take it apart.

Most likely your Kevlar wrap exploded for whatever reason, typically dirt going through bearing.... Ask me how I know :cry:
Bearings typically don't seize mid air, take it apart.

Haven’t had to take apart a motor yet not Sure what a Kevlar wrap is or how to go about fixing it. Also anything I need to worry about messing up when taking it apart or is it relatively fool proof?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back