Kraton Buy a Kraton 6s now or wait for v5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N4SIR

Retired NYPD full time Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
I am most likely purchasing a kraton 6s v4 in the next week or so .After looking at all the 8s Kraton upgrades (chassis braces metal chassis etc) Might i be better waiting until Jan etc to see if a v5 is released with a metal chassis and chassis braces? or am i just being silly and standard chassis with 2 aftermarket front and rear braces just fine etc.

I am most likely purchasing a kraton 6s v4 in the next week or so .After looking at all the 8s Kraton upgrades (chassis braces metal chassis etc) Might i be better waiting until Jan etc to see if a v5 is released with a metal chassis and chassis braces? or am i just being silly and standard chassis with 2 aftermarket front and rear braces just fine etc.
I don’t think anyone outside of Arrma knows the answer to this definitively, but my guess is a V5 is not coming very soon. I would buy the V4 and have fun now, rather than waiting for something that isn’t even being mentioned yet.

I don’t think anyone outside of Arrma knows the answer to this definitively, but my guess is a V5 is not coming very soon. I would buy the V4 and have fun now, rather than waiting for something that isn’t even being mentioned yet.

x2

That and if i didnt get the kraton 6s for xmas (present from wifey) and say the v5 came out in like april my wife most likely would veto the purchase :) (we just built a new home and spent like 30k on a fence and appliances furniture etc) might as well get the truck while i can :)

If I didn't have the Kraton 6s, I would probably just go for the 8s. It looks to be more durable out of the box. By the time you add chassis braces and shock towers to the Kraton 6s (v4 brand new), it's easily $713 approximately.

If I didn't have the Kraton 6s, I would probably just go for the 8s. It looks to be more durable out of the box. By the time you add chassis braces and shock towers to the Kraton 6s (v4 brand new), it's easily $713 approximately.
Oh man... hate to burst your bubble but the 8s is not as durable as the 6s.

V4, don't anticipate a 5 anytime soon.

You’re right... I don’t own one. But every person who owns it will agree to the statement.
You sure do make pretty wide umbrella statements. I think you might not understand what "every" means. I understand why you are here, and thats fine, everyone has to have a niche, trolling is yours. Congratulations.

You sure do make pretty wide umbrella statements. I think you might not understand what "every" means. I understand why you are here, and thats fine, everyone has to have a niche, trolling is yours. Congratulations.
No I mean every. If they own it they’ll know. Not trying to gas here. Leave a comment on the videos 6 months down the line. Hell you can do it now probably. I can’t believe you can even argue this lol. I mean the durability isn’t even comparable.

Allegedly.

No I mean every. If they own it they’ll know. Not trying to gas here. Leave a comment on the videos 6 months down the line. Hell you can do it now probably. I can’t believe you can even argue this lol. I mean the durability isn’t even comparable.

Allegedly.

Its been out for less than 24 hours and you have already come to this conclusion? Do you go by 89peanut on youtube?

Its been out for less than 24 hours and you have already come to this conclusion? Do you go by 89peanut on youtube?
I do. You can go to my older threads.
And I’m not trolling by the way. Someone just said it seemed to be more durable out of the box... I was like WTF I have no degree in physics of any sort of engineering background but I can’t believe someone could ever draw that statement. You got a vehicle that’s gained 15 pounds, and for reinforcement got a stamped chassis with an extra mm of meat. Big braces don’t do much when the whole design is just not even remotely close to being able to take a hard nosedive- or any nosedive at all. For that reason the 8th scale line is way better.

Last edited:
And I’m not trolling by the way. Someone just said it seemed to be more durable out of the box... I was like WTF I have no degree in physics of any sort of engineering background but I can’t believe someone could ever draw that statement. You got a vehicle that’s gained 20 pounds, and for reinforcement got a stamped chassis with an extra mm of meat. Big braces don’t do much when the whole design is just not even remotely close to being able to take a hard nosedive- or any nosedive at all. For that reason the 8th scale line is way better.
I have read on youtube some of your comments, you're trolling.

Everyone has an opinion, just like everyone has an arsehole.

I have read on youtube some of your comments, you're trolling.

Everyone has an opinion, just like everyone has an arsehole.
Dude your points are colliding. I’m just giving my opinion is all. YouTube is already having issues with coppa and I had to unlist all my videos but now I can’t comment what I want anymore?

And I’m not trolling by the way. Someone just said it seemed to be more durable out of the box... I was like WTF I have no degree in physics of any sort of engineering background but I can’t believe someone could ever draw that statement. You got a vehicle that’s gained 20 pounds, and for reinforcement got a stamped chassis with an extra mm of meat. Big braces don’t do much when the whole design is just not even remotely close to being able to take a hard nosedive- or any nosedive at all. For that reason the 8th scale line is way better.
The 6s Kraton weighs 5 pounds??

Dude your points are colliding. I’m just giving my opinion is all. YouTube is already having issues with coppa and I had to unlist all my videos but now I can’t comment what I want anymore?
You give opinion but state it as fact. The wrong fact.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back