Buy a printer they said it will be fun they said.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having issues with my bl touch and want to rule out firmware. And I need to eventually change my offsets for my probe when I mount my newly printed fan shroud/mount.
but seems like my bltouch issues have gone, but I would still need to be able to change the probe offsets and I would like finer adjustments for my z offset, currently I can only go in .1 increments so for example say I have an offset of 2.5 thats too squished but 2.4 is too high I want to be able to change it so I can do say 2.45 etc. Can I do both the x y offset for the probe in gcode and can I change the settings via gcode so I have finer z offset increments? And if so is there a good step by step guide to add it?

You know what's infinitely adjustable?.. the knobs on the bed...😂😂😂... This is why I always recommend a basic ender 3..

Unfortunately messing with all that your learning nothing about 3d printing or the slicer that compiles gcode to drive it..

Sorry, I can't help you man.. I just turn the knobs and print.. hopefully misery doesn't like to much company...😂😂.. good luck..👍

You know what's infinitely adjustable?.. the knobs on the bed...😂😂😂... This is why I always recommend a basic ender 3..

Unfortunately messing with all that your learning nothing about 3d printing or the slicer that compiles gcode to drive it..

Sorry, I can't help you man.. I just turn the knobs and print.. hopefully misery doesn't like to much company...😂😂.. good luck..👍
Well I have a bl touch so when you turn those knobs it messes with your bed leveling. Thanks for laughing at me though. Glad you're here to help..... Smh

You know what's infinitely adjustable?.. the knobs on the bed
Lesson learned here for me. My "automatic mesh bed leveling" isn't perfect and there's no way for me to tweak it. I have to live with the imperfection. Definitely manual bed for me next time I buy a printer.
Yep drilled a hole and put a boden tube fitting in the hole as a guide
How does the spool spin during printing? Do you have some kind of bearing setup?

Lesson learned here for me. My "automatic mesh bed leveling" isn't perfect and there's no way for me to tweak it. I have to live with the imperfection. Definitely manual bed for me next time I buy a printer.

How does the spool spin during printing? Do you have some kind of bearing setup?
Just remove it if you are having issues with it.
It should never be used as a replacement for manual bed leveling. Could just be in the firmware. 9 points of probing is minimum if you are going to prob. Most of my machines probe 9 but I have 1 machine that I definitely spend a lot more time with. Strictly for prototyping parts. That probes 12 spots and it's a huge difference in the parts depending on the material

Just remove it if you are having issues with it.
Can’t remove it. Also can’t make small tweaks to the bed height - only axis skewing.

Prusa Mini+. I’ve been happy with it overall. Good and easy first printer. But this leveling limitation is annoying.

Trying to get octolapse to work has been a bit of a task though. Still trying to learn code etc and you gotta mess with some in the pi to get the webcam settings etc to work. It's pretty straight forward you just uncomment the settings you want but if you uncomment the wrong ones it's doesn't work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back