Talion Buyers remorse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly im trying to do both. I want a new rig (Sorry. Probably won't be Arrma) and want to do some minor upgrades to my talion. Im kinda just stuck on how far to go either way. Yes money is an issue but the wife says I deserve this but I need to do my research first. Let's just say I have a grand to play with. What would you do?

Honestly im trying to do both. I want a new rig (Sorry. Probably won't be Arrma) and want to do some minor upgrades to my talion. Im kinda just stuck on how far to go either way. Yes money is an issue but the wife says I deserve this but I need to do my research first. Let's just say I have a grand to play with. What would you do?
A grand for what? A new truck? What scale?

I've started buying from Horizon if I have to. 99% of the time it's my LHS ???
Yep my lhs guy is badass, he usually has everything in stock, and if they don't, he says "I'll have it by Friday". Even if you didn't request he order it for you, he just knows who supports him, and what cars they have. If ordering on Amazon (I live in WA), I'll try to find the part thru the seller 'Hobby etc.', they have longer ship times than Amazon Prime, but they've always gotten out my order freakishly fast, and it shows up usually a day or two sooner than expected. That way I don't have to worry about sales tax.? Jenny's though is the place to beat for cost if you're not looking for just that one special part, but stocking up on things like plastics & diffs.

Recommendations for a new truck, 6s, 1/8 or bigger and with whatever is left over, which upgrades
A Kraton, M2C chassis and towers and you are pretty much set ???

There’s always eBay. Not sure why but I’ve always been an eBay guy lol. Account is nearly 20!!

A grand! I'd build a Tekno ET48.3, basically a better Kraton that will save you money in the long run from "upgrading" the hell out of it. Plus if you grow in the hobby, you'll have a top of the class race truggy.

Yep, get the ET48.3, Backflips reg or LP off Jenny’s, Tekno +2mm hexes, JX servo, Tactic TTX300 and TR326 HV RX, BLX185 combo off Jenny’s. You’re golden then. You’ll be close to $1k

I usually order from ebay. I filter the results by distance and buy from the closest result if I can as:
1) You know you aren't getting crap from China
2)You're usually buying from/supporting a local shop, or in my case, as local as I can get (the 3 I use most often are 3-4 hours away in neighboring states, but still privately owned hobby shops vs a large online retailer)
3) I get my parts a lot faster in the mail :)

Support your LHS if you can. It will keep this hobby alive.
I would but they are super small and carry mostly traxxas. They quoted me $595 for a kraton (got it for $540 on amazon) and they are 20% over market on most accessories. Its like they want to close lol

He kept trying to sell me a 1/10 maxx with led light kit for like $680 (its the same price as a 6s kraton without lights online) and proceed to drive it around and flipped it rolled it or wheelied 99% of the time

I was casually talking about the kraton and things like rpm arms and savox servos etc and he didn't know what they were (and he owns and drives a 6s kraton) I walked out and will most likely never set foot again

I would but they are super small and carry mostly traxxas. They quoted me $595 for a kraton (got it for $540 on amazon) and they are 20% over market on most accessories. Its like they want to close lol
Yeah. Back before I moved mine always charged higher rates. They all do. If you have the money to burn, do it. If you don’t, it is what it is... eBay those things.

You have to look at more than the initial purchase price. My LHS submits warranty for me and does all my soldering. I'll gladly pay an extra $20 to have another layer of support. If money is that tight, find another hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back