Kraton Buying a used Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dandle

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have agreed to buy a used Kraton V4 6s this weekend and wanted some tips if there are any on what to look out for. I have agreed to buy it once i see it running so that should prove the electrics are working ok.
The suspension arms and chassis look like they have only been used lightly with only a couple of scrapes on the underside of the chassis, the rear wing and shock mounts having a few scrapes like its been upside down a couple of times and the body looks to be in great condition.

Is there anything i need to look out for when buying?

Thanks
Dan.

As long as it runs correctly. Everything else is minor cost fixing. Ask type of maintenance he has completed if any and go from there. As long as the price is correct - pick it up.

Check the chassis with a straight edge. Listen for No weird sounds. If it runs great and priced right with just a few cosmetic issues grab it ... nothing wrong with saving some money compared to a new one.

I would just make sure it meets the eye test. Look for things cracked or worn. Check for slop in the tires/suspension. Check the center diff and shocks for leaks. Visually inspect wiring and fans. Use any negative things you find to drive down the price.

Look for bent shock towers or chassis. Check the chassis braces and diff housings for any cracks in the plastics.
It sounds like it was gently used and likely a good buy. I am all about buying used.

If you are new to the hobby pick up a set of MIP Wrenches. Arrma likes lock-tite on their screws :cool:

Brilliant thanks for the heads up. I'll let you guys know if I get it tomorrow.

Couple things in addition to what's already been mentioned.

If it comes with the stock radio, expect a little lag between your input and the cars reaction, meaning be careful if you drive it. The stock radio is garbage, so expect to change it out quickly. Plenty of threads on hear about it with choices from $40-400.

Ask if they have the original receipt and if you can have it incase any warranty issues pop up. Arrma has a 2 year warranty and excellent customer service. They usually want a copy of the purchase receipt though. I just had my ESC replaced without a receipt, but I got lucky.

Yeah that's part of the fact I want a second hand one to swap the radio. Any recommendations on read-only cheap decent ones.

It come with a receipt and box, the warranty is only for the first owner but he offered to put any warranty back through him if something does break.

Dumborc is the cheapest single model radio that worth buying. They start at $25 for a 4ch or $30 for a 6ch.

Thanks for all the tips. I went to see the car yesterday and bought it. It hasn't had much use and only been run on 4s and mainly around a playground and field. I got to drive it around in the wet and on the grass hence the dirt in the pictures. I purchased two 3s overlander batteries yesterday and am waiting for the charger to turn up now before I can play. Already have some fast eddy bearing on order and new diff fluid to change in the next few weeks. Anyway here's some pictures, I'm really pleased with it and saved nearly £200 over a new one.
20200208_111641.jpg
20200209_165711.jpg
20200209_165754.jpg
20200209_165728.jpg

Well the fan doesn’t have any broken blades, that’s an easy way to tell it was driven nicely!

Hi,
I have agreed to buy a used Kraton V4 6s this weekend and wanted some tips if there are any on what to look out for. I have agreed to buy it once i see it running so that should prove the electrics are working ok.
The suspension arms and chassis look like they have only been used lightly with only a couple of scrapes on the underside of the chassis, the rear wing and shock mounts having a few scrapes like its been upside down a couple of times and the body looks to be in great condition.

Is there anything i need to look out for when buying?

Thanks
Dan.
Find out when the diff's were sirviced. If not do them right away It will save you any problems in the future.

Find out when the diff's were sirviced. If not do them right away It will save you any problems in the future.

I've done a fair bit to it since I've bought it. I cleaned all the diffs and refilled the centre with a mix of 100 and 200k cst oil and replaced the front and rear with new 10k cst oil. At the same time I fitted a full set of fast Eddie's bearings. The car had a tendancy to balloon the front tyres before, I also vented them and have virtually no ballooning now, nothing worth mentioning anyway. I've also replaced the radio with a Flysky GT5 and changed the servo and servo mount. Currently waiting for front a rear metal chassis braces to turn up and will likely change the shock towers in the next month. I've well and truly for the bug :).
The car had been virtually unused when I got it so the more I see what was around the more it I realise what a bargain it was.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back