Bye bye General Lee ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porschetech🇬🇪

South London hooligan Living in Cali
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
So I was out in the cul de sac playing around (speed bashing the right term?) driving up and down doing some speed runs. Then I decided to do a donut to smoke em. Well I barely finished doing one donut and the left front tyre let loose! ?

I guess poop happens......oh well. Time to build another General body. Maybe I’ll have to run foams now?? ?

60C63AE0-9F86-4049-A5BC-63712A3FDB76.jpeg
47641E04-4AA4-4DCD-A86C-EC9CDFDFE4C0.jpeg
A5278E7E-206D-4732-AD01-A8EB906B5737.jpeg
7FB59DE6-825D-4044-92FF-7D4C2C5C194A.jpeg

So I was out in the cul de sac playing around (speed bashing the right term?) driving up and down doing some speed runs. Then I decided to do a donut to smoke em. Well I barely finished doing one donut and the left front tyre let loose! ?

I guess poop happens......oh well. Time to build another General body. Maybe I’ll have to run foams now?? ?

View attachment 66619View attachment 66620View attachment 66621View attachment 66622
Wow that tire turned to shrapnel

WoW! I’m sorry bro ?

I’ve jumped mine off curbs, barrel rolled, flipped and generally (no pun) beat the heck out of mine and haven’t done that much damage yet. That sucks!

EE82AE84-F6DC-4367-B602-F81165166F3F.jpeg

WoW! I’m sorry bro ?

I’ve jumped mine off curbs, barrel rolled, flipped and generally (no pun) beat the heck out of mine and haven’t done that much damage yet. That sucks!

View attachment 66623
Maybe I’m doing it wrong ?

I did just change the pinion to 27T. ?

Is it worth changing the oils now? If so what do you guys recommend for the front and rear diffs? Remember I have a spool.

Is that the 8s one?
I left my F/R stock and upped the C to 500k

For you I’m not sure but I’d like to hear other people’s input because I’m about to drop the K8S stuff in mine too.

Is that the 8s one?
I left my F/R stock and upped the C to 500k
Yeah 8s one. It looses traction as soon as you put the power down. I’m taking the wheels off and found the right front was loose! ?

Damn bro! I'm sorry to see, ? Crazy type of 'break' to see as well. I'm not trying to hinder a replacement General Lee ?, ebay also has those unbreakable bodies as well...:unsure:?‍♂️ Bugatti, another car body bit more square shape to it, and another truck style I think. Still hella bummed you lost such a beautiful body to measly 'break' like so!

Damn bro! I'm sorry to see, ? Crazy type of 'break' to see as well. I'm not trying to hinder a replacement General Lee ?, ebay also has those unbreakable bodies as well...:unsure:?‍♂️ Bugatti, another car body bit more square shape to it, and another truck style I think. Still hella bummed you lost such a beautiful body to measly 'break' like so!
Thanks. I’ll just build another and keep it as a show piece. I’ll use the stock one for bashing

Yeah can’t believe how easy it failed
It’s handy having a dremel at home ?

4E86C8F8-C74E-41EC-A5F1-071BEE7150BE.jpeg

Sorry to see this damage. If this helps you feel better or motivated, it may only be the first one of many. ??

"Although the estimated number of General Lees used varies from different sources, according to former cast member Ben Jones ("Cooter" in the show), as well as builders involved with the show, 325 General Lees were used to film the series. Others claim about 255 were used in the series. Approximately 17 still exist in various states of repair. On average, more than one General Lee was used up per show. When filming a jump, anywhere from 500 to 1,000 pounds (230 to 450 kg) of sand bags or concrete ballast was placed in the trunk to prevent the car from nosing over. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Lee_(car)

Sh#t happens. Been there. Time and $ and effort and the ultimate best paint job you ever got goes to trash. Staple that body and keep using it. Its got character now. Seriously, its still a beauty.(y)
Remember, New is only New once. Like that new car you buy at the dealer, once you sign on the dotted line and drive off, its a used car and lost 50% of its value. So scratches don't matter in reality. Every car has character.:LOL:
BTW, Hoons Limitless disk wheels would not have broken like those spokers did. But I know everyone wants the Infr. spoked wheels.
Running 8S requires the dish style IMO. Practically speaking. Get the Silver Hoons in the Dished wheel variant.

Sorry to see this damage. If this helps you feel better or motivated, it may only be the first one of many. ??

"Although the estimated number of General Lees used varies from different sources, according to former cast member Ben Jones ("Cooter" in the show), as well as builders involved with the show, 325 General Lees were used to film the series. Others claim about 255 were used in the series. Approximately 17 still exist in various states of repair. On average, more than one General Lee was used up per show. When filming a jump, anywhere from 500 to 1,000 pounds (230 to 450 kg) of sand bags or concrete ballast was placed in the trunk to prevent the car from nosing over. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Lee_(car)
at $115.00 estimate materials cost for each body, not including labor and tires of course, $37,375.00 later you can have as many as were used in the show. Attainable goal imo. lol

The several General Lee's needed parts replacements to keep the show going. As a result the set hands building these GL's purchased all the used Chargers they could muster up all over the states. The used Chargers became in limited supply. The show actually destroyed the majority of 1969 chargers out there. That's why a Charger in fair condition is worth so much. There aren't many. The majority were destroyed and became salvage parts for the show. My first car was a '69 charger. Forest Green. My dad passed it on to me when I got my license . He bought it new in 69. It was the family car when I was 10 yo. It had only 13K miles when I started driving it to college. I regret selling it because of a blown Trans. But I had a real hard time getting parts for it because of the show. Even Junk yards were putting a vig on its parts because of the popularity. If you find a one in a barn intact, they are worth $50K untouched. I regret selling it. I tried searching for that car by its vin number to see where it ended up. I think it was destroyed or went salvage. It was always garage kept too. Original paint. No rust. The grille was in perfect condition also. Which is hard to find.

The several General Lee's needed parts replacements to keep the show going. As a result the set hands building these GL's purchased all the used Chargers they could muster up all over the states. The used Chargers became in limited supply. The show actually destroyed the majority of 1969 chargers out there. That's why a Charger in fair condition is worth so much. There aren't many. The majority were destroyed and became salvage parts for the show. My first car was a '69 charger. Forest Green. My dad passed it on to me when I got my license . He bought it new in 69. It was the family car when I was 10 yo. It had only 13K miles when I started driving it to college. I regret selling it because of a blown Trans. But I had a real hard time getting parts for it because of the show. Even Junk yards were putting a vig on its parts because of the popularity. If you find a one in a barn intact, they are worth $50K untouched. I regret selling it. I tried searching for that car by its vin number to see where it ended up. I think it was destroyed or went salvage. It was always garage kept too. Original paint. No rust. The grille was in perfect condition also. Which is hard to find.

http://www.moparmuscle69.com/productionfigures.htm

My dad had this Roadrunner 1970 when I was about 25. He paid $6,000 for it finished restoration from a work friend that owed him a favor because dad had resources to ship vehicles to Europe and he helped this man sell his restorations over seas. Sold the RR four years later for only $14,000 I think. 383, 4 speed, air grabber. He had a choice to put the hemi but my pops likes to keep things factory original. I would've run the hemi. lol

1582398469044.png

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Awesome. I try hard to forget about it because I truly didn't want to part with it and would still have it today guaranteed if my father didn't convince me to sell it for a newer car. It wasn't practical as a daily driver anymore. And so many people wanted it. I would always find notes on my car begging to buy it. It was that clean. But seeing these come through Mecum and others makes me mad. That was one car that appreciated in value. Who would have known though. Even my dad many years later agreed that it should have been kept in the family.
The car itself wasn't much to speak of as a performer handling wise. It was a boat. Wherever I went, I would get onlookers back in the 1980's. Offering to buy it. And I got good offers in retrospect, but sold it cheap because of the blown trans. Sold it to another kid who kept leaving notes on my car for 2 years at my college. My glove box had like 30 of his notes in there. I called him up and he came with a tow truck within 20 min and I sold it. It was like Christmas for this guy. I gave him all the Mopar factory manuals, extra set of leather SE buckets, 4 General Lee Amercian Racing wheels and the Original mags too. It was 13 years old and and I sold it for $1300. It had 70k something on the odo.:(

Golds would last me less than 5 mins. So go for foams? What do you run?
I have been getting ok results with the GRP S4-S5’s
Then again I haven’t put the 8s system in there yet...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back