Bye bye General Lee ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was out in the cul de sac playing around (speed bashing the right term?) driving up and down doing some speed runs. Then I decided to do a donut to smoke em. Well I barely finished doing one donut and the left front tyre let loose! ?

I guess poop happens......oh well. Time to build another General body. Maybe I’ll have to run foams now?? ?

View attachment 66619View attachment 66620View attachment 66621View attachment 66622
Could maybe put black zipties to make it look like he has battle scars

I like the plasters @Porschetech that you used to repair it. :LOL:

I was actually going to suggest you could repair it like the "drifters" do on their real 1:1 scale cars. Like this sort of thing...
4466000254_356dc34a90_o.jpg

Could always add some "Shoe Goo" and tape to the other side then for added strength.

http://www.moparmuscle69.com/productionfigures.htm

My dad had this Roadrunner 1970 when I was about 25. He paid $6,000 for it finished restoration from a work friend that owed him a favor because dad had resources to ship vehicles to Europe and he helped this man sell his restorations over seas. Sold the RR four years later for only $14,000 I think. 383, 4 speed, air grabber. He had a choice to put the hemi but my pops likes to keep things factory original. I would've run the hemi. lol

View attachment 66633
My friend had the same car in blue, wheels and all. White interior and vinyl top. He just bought it. He drove into my driveway to show me, he got out of the car and it rolled down the driveway into and through my garage door and pushed my fathers Caddy through the back wall of the garage and into my basement. What a mess. Man was my father pissed off. I never forget that.:cry: I was a big Mopar guy. Always used DirectConnection Performance parts. I had a Mopar following because of my Charger.

Ahhh sad to see it trashed...??? Cable tie it drift style ...!!
I'm convinced if you paint a clear body it isn't as tough as a pre-painted one, I say this because I've beaten the snot out of mine and it's got no cracks in it yet ( ? just jinxed myself haven't I ) and I'll even included a 60mph flip and barrel roll..??

I even did this once on purpose and got no damage..!!!

IMG_3633.jpeg

I like the plasters @Porschetech that you used to repair it. :LOL:

I was actually going to suggest you could repair it like the "drifters" do on their real 1:1 scale cars. Like this sort of thing...
View attachment 66635

Could always add some "Shoe Goo" and tape to the other side then for added strength.
It’s actually cracked/split all the way up to the roof. You can’t see it cause of the windscreen decal. It’s fine though. I’ve already ordered a new body and paints.
Ahhh sad to see it trashed...??? Cable tie it drift style ...!!
I'm convinced if you paint a clear body it isn't as tough as a pre-painted one, I say this because I've beaten the snot out of mine and it's got no cracks in it yet ( ? just jinxed myself haven't I ) and I'll even included a 60mph flip and barrel roll..??

I even did this once on purpose and got no damage..!!!

View attachment 66636
No I think you’re absolutely right. The clear bodies are way weaker than the original ones. The clears can’t absorb any kind of impact ?

I feel the thicker bodies can crack easier in colder temps. I don't see any difference in strength of a prepainted versus clear body. There is no physical difference in thickness.

I have been getting ok results with the GRP S4-S5’s
Then again I haven’t put the 8s system in there yet...
He says yet! ?

Yeah I need something that will hold up a lil better than the hoons.
I feel the thicker bodies can crack easier in colder temps. I don't see any difference in strength of a prepainted versus clear body. There is no physical difference in thickness.
Maybe it’s the paint? There’s several cracks on the General and the CHP is now broken. From the dukes vid you can see that there was barely any contact made. That was the last time my son drove his.

So I was out in the cul de sac playing around (speed bashing the right term?) driving up and down doing some speed runs. Then I decided to do a donut to smoke em. Well I barely finished doing one donut and the left front tyre let loose! ?

I guess poop happens......oh well. Time to build another General body. Maybe I’ll have to run foams now?? ?

View attachment 66619View attachment 66620View attachment 66621View attachment 66622

they never seem to last long do they... :unsure:

man thats sucks buddy.. sorry to see it.. just tell yourself the new one will have more shine...:ROFLMAO:

they never seem to last long do they... :unsure:

man thats sucks buddy.. sorry to see it.. just tell yourself the new one will have more shine...:ROFLMAO:
Yeah next one will definitely be a shelf queen ?

It’s actually cracked/split all the way up to the roof. You can’t see it cause of the windscreen decal. It’s fine though. I’ve already ordered a new body and paints.

No I think you’re absolutely right. The clear bodies are way weaker than the original ones. The clears can’t absorb any kind of impact ?
I beg to differ, my painted Noto body is the same as the RTR. No diff. Its possible type and amount of paint coats will have an affect on cracking or not. But both are the exact same bodies painted or not. The RTR Noto body is painted inside and out, if that means anything???? Thicker lexan will crack before it can flex enough on impacts in general. There is nothing special about the RTR body. Arrma is not making it any more special or stronger. They just offer an unpainted body versus the painted one. Certain paints and how it is applied (number and thickness of coats etc)can influence Lexan in negative ways.
This is common knowledege.

Last edited:
He says yet! ?

Yeah I need something that will hold up a lil better than the hoons.

Maybe it’s the paint? There’s several cracks on the General and the CHP is now broken. From the dukes vid you can see that there was barely any contact made. That was the last time my son drove his.
As soon as my fat can castle combo shows up, the K8S and the infraction are both getting upgrades ?

Yeah next one will definitely be a shelf queen ?

I'm impressed that you drove that one. I thinks it's admirable that you paint your daily drivers up so nice. To me it indicates you have confidence in your painting abilities and can do it up the same or better again. I thought you'd mentioned the General Lee was one of the first RC paint jobs you'd done and if so, I think you have it well figured out.

Get a set of lightweight foamies.
I have the Kforce.
20200222_162335.jpg

If you Gorilla taped the inner body at the wheels maybe there would not have been as much carnage if any. The Infr. Body has has a rough body line in front of the wheels. Easy to tear in this area.

Last edited:
I'm impressed that you drove that one. I thinks it's admirable that you paint your daily drivers up so nice. To me it indicates you have confidence in your painting abilities and can do it up the same or better again. I thought you'd mentioned the General Lee was one of the first RC paint jobs you'd done and if so, I think you have it well figured out.
Thanks ?......yeah it was one of my first ones. Well I just did some Speed bashing on the original body and new tyres. For the short and limited area that I have, I hit 71 mph. I was pretty impressed with that. How I managed to come to a halt wasn’t so impressive. ??

Thanks ?......yeah it was one of my first ones. Well I just did some Speed bashing on the original body and new tyres. For the short and limited area that I have, I hit 71 mph. I was pretty impressed with that. How I managed to come to a halt wasn’t so impressive. ??
I hope you have good medical insurance on your daughter ???

Good thing it's a toy, I've seen people blow tires, mostly rears on their real cars with quarter panel damage that would make you sick. Mostly kids that couldn't afford new tires and smoked them to the cords.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back