Bypass stock BLX185 ESC Switch (Out of Warranty ESC)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumbleweed30

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
This ESC is out of warranty.

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone have ever tried to bypass the switch on the BLX185 out of a V3 model (stock ESC and waterproof switch combo for 8th scales).

I now have an extra ESC and the Hobby Shop owner thinks the switch is dead. I have been told that Traxxas ESC's don't use a switch at all and they work by plugging/unplugging the battery.

Excited to hear what you all got. Thanks.

Again: This ESC is out of warranty - so that's not an option.

This ESC is out of warranty.

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone have ever tried to bypass the switch on the BLX185 out of a V3 model (stock ESC and waterproof switch combo for 8th scales).

I now have an extra ESC and the Hobby Shop owner thinks the switch is dead. I have been told that Traxxas ESC's don't use a switch at all and they work by plugging/unplugging the battery.

Excited to hear what you all got. Thanks.

Again: This ESC is out of warranty - so that's not an option.

The hard part is bypassing the set button. I think you can buy new switches on ebay. Yup this is listed as working for the WP8BL150 so it should work with the Arrma BLX185. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-...USPSFirstClass!57701!US!-1:rk:3:pf:0&LH_BIN=1
Most Traxxas escs I have seen just have a button on them that is it.

Last edited:
Can’t speak for the BLX but I have a castle esc and the switch wires were cut so I attached them together with a wire nut and that’s exactly how I turn it on. I don’t know how that would affect the program mode button though on the blx

Since its out of warranty cut the switch (leave some wire left) splice the negative and positive together and see if it turns on. Whats the worse that can happen you have to splice it back together, splice in a new switch, still not work, work but just turns on when battery connected (unless new switch put in). Traxxas escs have a single button that does everything turn on/off and programming.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back