C rating lipo advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamin101

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi I have kraton 4s and my son has a typhon 2s I'd like to buy some 2s lipos that could be used in either car but not sure what c rating to get?

Get minimum 50c to be safe. I’d the c rate is too low you can damage the esc.

You won't damage the ESC, you'll damage the battery trying to draw more current than its construction can handle. Although to be fair if it goes up in smoke it won't be great for the ESC lol.

OP, don't get too hung up on C ratings. Most of them are overstated and there's no standard methodology behind the ratings. Instead focus on reputable batteries that are tried and tested by the community.

If you need a number, 50 is good. Even if it's grossly overstated it should be capable of 35, which is sufficient for most applications.

A lot of guys will recommend 90C or 100C packs. There's really no such thing, but if they're good batteries that are used by lots of people then that's really all that matters!

Agreed with the above comments, the problem comes from too low, not too high. The electronics will only draw as many “C’s” as they will need. Too low, the battery will pop, too high, no issue!

I have a K4S and run a set of Spektrum 5000 mah 50C 2s, i swap them into my Senton 2s when the younger kids wanna drive. Just make sure you pick up the IC5 to IC3 or EC5 to EC3 adapter!

Only c-rating doesn't say a thing, capacity also is a factor.

30c * 2000mAh= 60 amp continiously
30c * 5000mAh = 150 amp continiously

To be safe my rule of thumb is to have lipo's which provide at least 150% of the esc's demand.

So if you have a 100 amp esc, look for a 150 amp lipo or better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back