Cable and clips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAdNeWs-89

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hi guys ive just purchased a tp motor but the cables that come with it are fairly short and does not come with any fixings to fit it in to my mamba monster x 8s Any recommendation on what cable and clips to use.

specs in the ESC manual for your Mamba x 8S should give you info on the plug's diameters. The cable gauge should be printed on them. Keep the same guage if you are purchasing longer motor leads. You obviously need to do some soldering. I assume you have changed the motor layout from the stock position.

The MMX 8s has 6.5mm female bullet connectors. Thus you need to solder on 6.5mm male bullets to the motor wires....or you could solder directly to the esc but honestly i've never done all that.

I personally don't recommend soldering directly to that specific ESC. Do it correct with the bullets. Can be done easily if you are very comfortable doing solder work with good equipment...but not advisable IMHO. RIsk damaging the ESC just as easily. And any De-Soldering will likely brick the ESC.:cool:

I brought these in the end i can join them together to give me an extra 20cm’s ????

Attachments

• 95FA7547-6DAE-4BDC-A782-42B474EDF0EC.jpeg
    95FA7547-6DAE-4BDC-A782-42B474EDF0EC.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 44
I would hardwire/solder from the motor leads to the ESC bullets using the length that you need. Extension leads are just adding a set of un needed bullets. More resistance to your high powered setup. That's not correct/recommended.

I would hardwire/solder from the motor leads to the ESC bullets using the length that you need. Extension leads are just adding a set of un needed bullets. More resistance to your high powered setup. That's not correct/recommended.
I cant seem to find anywhere that sells the correct cable i need. Would you have any recommendations. I hoping that i would only need the one Extension. Witch would Be fine ??

Are you able to solder? or are you just looking for an extension to plug? The picture above shows two sets of motor leads, bypass one set of bullets by soldering your leads together at some point. Not that you cant have bullets all over the place, but resistance will take a hit, especially with your specific 8S ESC/Tp motor.

What gauge wire is that? 14awg? If so, try a local car audio shop for some decent silicone jacket high flex speaker wire. Make sure it’s not CCA, pure copper is what you want.

Are you able to solder? or are you just looking for an extension to plug? The picture above shows two sets of motor leads, bypass one set of bullets by soldering your leads together at some point. Not that you cant have bullets all over the place, but resistance will take a hit, especially with your specific 8S ESC/Tp motor.
Yeh i can solder. I understand what your say i don't know why i didn't think of that in the first place ??‍♂️?. Thanks for the help ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back