Cables 👿 👿 👿

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The killer question...

What do you do with all the spare cables in your rc car so they don't
- Get in the way
- Get tangled up
- Get burned from the esc/ motor
- Get in the drivetrain

So far I have thought of tape to tape them all together but I don't think that it will work , as it could over heat the cables.

What do you guys do??

zip tie the wires along some part of the car. Stuff as much you possibly can into the receiver box. If its the wires from esc to battery, I use the Velcro straps to secure them on the 3s granite, and I run them through the center body support on the 6s Mojave. But yes, sometimes they get loose and chewed up. Probably have to check that they still are secured after big jumps and tumbles.

Zip ties and Sleeving

25ft - 1/4 inch PET Expandable Braided Sleeving – Blackred – Alex Tech braided cable sleeve

2023-05-22_13h13_10.png

PXL_20230502_234545739-r.jpg

PXL_20230521_230508418.jpg

As above... Nylon Wire ties. Do tis right out the box, Arrma goves you a specgetti mess there. Keep the wires nice and low. And always away from ANY moving parts. Just a ritual and part of RC'ing. Stuffng all the servo lead sinto the Rx box is perfectly fine. Many of my better builds, I will shorten leads altogether. For a neat appearance. And Lipo lipos are alwys best kept short. Having the least resistance.

Depends on which cables you’re talking about. Battery, motor, antenna, receiver?

Been trying to find PET Braid in Pink and Bright Green. Can't find them.
I use this it alot.
Use some quick fire (a lighter) to melt the "cut ends" slightly, so the braid doesn't open up when working with it. And always use Heat shrink tubing to cover the ends. There are videos to get you started. There is a slight learning curve with using wire Braid cover neatly.
It protects the wires as well as looks professionally done, aestetically.
Braid is best used before soldering on the Mains connectors, and terminating the wires. Used to prevent dead shorts, prevent fire carnage. Added protective shielding. Just always looks nice also.

Last edited:
All of the above wire management ideas are great. Also, don’t forget that the best approach is to first shorten all wires to an appropriate length. Solder the connectors back on, rock and roll. Clean is mean. 😎

1EFE0F9A-9ED2-4910-A784-A8E90F1EBABF.jpeg
9BBF7982-8505-4136-A8EE-BDBC61147259.jpeg
EAC79F09-8745-4019-A28D-34C574BDA868.jpeg

Isn’t the best of pictures but its all the pictures I have right now.
I’ll take some more when i get a chance. Thanks for the tips guys.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back