Calling all Futaba experts..!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I have a question..

I'm currently using my 7PXR with some R203GF (S-FHSS) receivers.
This morning I had an issue where that I selected the car I wanted to use from the model selection menu, but another car worked instead, but in reverse.. :unsure: I know everything is connected correctly (bound) rx-tx, anyone got any ideas WTF is going on..!! I didn't think it was possible for a radio to control a car that isn't selected.??

One of the main reasons I'm moving slowly over to Futaba is because I just dislike Spektrum, but I never had this sort of issue with any of my Spektrum stuff..!!
The Futaba controlling the wrong car sort of worries me now, as this issue could be very dangerous it's just lucky it wasn't my O8s..!!
You certainly don't want a runaway 8s car..!!😲

Last edited:
Never heard of this. I used to use Futaba since the early 2000’s. But honestly makes no logical sense either? Or I’m missing something…. How is it controlling another car/truck that shouldn’t be powered on? If you’re using something else? Unless you’re just turning them all on and randomly flipping through them? I’m genuinely curious.

Never heard of this. I used to use Futaba since the early 2000’s. But honestly makes no logical sense either?
How is it controlling another car/truck that shouldn’t be powered on? If you’re using something else? Unless you’re just turning them all on and randomly flipping through them? I’m genuinely curious.
I only found out due to turning on the wrong truck, not turning them on all at once.. 😵‍💫:(

I'm going to re-bind them and hope that it doesn't happen again.....

This is normal , at least on mine . I have 4 models on my 3PV , the best way I can explain it is that it is " bound " to all 4 receivers , but each one when chosen on the correct model with how you have the settings ( thr / brk end points / steering / etc ) will work correctly on the one you are on , but lets say I just ran my Mojave , didn't switch over to my Senton , and turn on the Senton , it will still work / run the Senton but the Senton will act all kinds of crazy !!!
This happens to my Sanwa as well , have a SC6.2 and my SCTE 3.0 on it , my daughter wanted to run my SCTE 3.0 , she dropped it on the track and yelled to me the truck was steering in reverse ????? Me " Do you have it on the right model ??? " Her ......... " oh " !! LOL

So I have 7 rigs set up to my 4pm and never ran into this

But it makes sense even if the model is not selected but then a rx is powered up it will read it or link to it since the tx can only read 1rx at a time

Model selection is more for the settings like throttle curve, end point, etc

Makes sense if you don’t think about it 😝

So I have 7 rigs set up to my 4pm and never ran into this

But it makes sense even if the model is not selected but then a rx is powered up it will read it or link to it since the tx can only read 1rx at a time

Model selection is more for the settings like throttle curve, end point, etc

Makes sense if you don’t think about it 😝
Kind of strange still, at this point if you’re at a track with another person using the same setup. You both turn on at the same time or something. Maybe I’m just overthinking it 😂

Kind of strange still, at this point if you’re at a track with another person using the same setup. You both turn on at the same time or something. Maybe I’m just overthinking it 😂
This is also what I was thinking.. 🤔 ⬆️⬆️

When I get time later in the week I'm going to try the same scenario with my Spektrum gear and see if it does the same thing.
Even though a couple of people on here have now confirmed my issue, it truly can't be right that this can happen.!!

Normal for S-FHSS, I believe T-FHSS prevents this. The receiver is just listening for the radio it's bound to. There's nothing special about "model", that's just a collection of settings your radio uses. You could turn on two cars bound to the same radio and drive them both simultaneously.

No, that can't happen. The receiver is bound to the radio, which means it only listens to that one.

Normal for S-FHSS, I believe T-FHSS prevents this.
I was wondering if this would be the case, if so it makes going the Futaba route of tx/rx more expensive than Spektrum :(
Also I just bought spare R203GF (S-FHSS) receivers :(
Just my luck....

Last edited:
I was wondering if this would be the case, if so it makes going the Futaba route of tx/rx more expensive than Spektrum :(
Also I just bought spare R203GF (S-FHSS) receivers :(
Just my luck....

I get it, but I admit none of the radios’ quirks really bother me. They all have some little annoyances IME.

When I started racing I started with the Futaba 3PV , but then moved up to Sanwa for my race rigs . So the Futaba went into all my bashers . As Razor said , if the radio is " bound " to a receiver , it will work it when that truck goes " on " , hence , my Daughters and my Sanwa were both bound to the Sanwa receiver in my Losi SCTE 3.0 , she went out on the track to use the Losi , I was on the bench messing with my SC6.1 , I turned on my radio ( in the chosen SC6.1 model ) , and when I did it was also operating my Losi out on the track , boom , into the wall !!!! I had to " un-bind " my radio off it .
When I bought the Futaba 3PV it was $129 , then each extra receiver was $35 . For me it is a great radio , quick response , great range , tons of fine tuning adjustability , holds 20 models , etc .

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back