Calling all Vets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got out of the Corps and didn't know what to do I worked a few odd jobs then talked to another buddy who was a cop and I been doing it 5 years now and love it. As long as you find like minded people the comradrie is there man. I also work a lot of extra duty details with firefighters many of them are vets and the plus side the gi bill pays for the schooling. I love what I do and wouldn't trade it for anything even in the poopy climate we are in as a country.

So, just got an email for contractor work (security) in Kabul and Kandahar. I’d LOVE to go, being a civvie sucks, being out sucks but the politics of being in sucks just as much if not more. I cant do it due to my kids but man, 3 months on and 1 off, $300 a day tax free and being back behind a gun sounds nice. Anyway, what do y’all do for careers? I’ve bounced between a few jobs but still have yet to find anything that comes close to the excitement, camaraderie, and the sense of purpose that I used to have. Thinking about heading to my local vet center and see if they can point me in the right direction, but I’m freaking bored and need to figure this s$&t show of my life out.
Dang that’s a tempting offer for sure. Thanks for your service brother. Sadly an injury back in ‘91 caught up to me ( mostly because the VA kept neglecting me and not listening ) got out in 96 granted 20% things kept getting worse and worse until I almost loss complete use of my right leg leading to emergency back surgery in 99. Was finally awarded 100% permanent total unemployable aug 2003. Would give it all up just to make my own money and have a life. Civvie life sucks!!! Go for paramedic/ambulance driver. lol excitement everyday is different, don’t have to worry about being videoed smh

I’m looking at a few different options. I’ve got more unknowns right now but taking it all day by day (or trying to) while finding the best path for myself and my boy.

I’m looking at a few different options. I’ve got more unknowns right now but taking it all day by day (or trying to) while finding the best path for myself and my boy.
Not a thing wrong with the day by day part. Unknowns is the one thing I don’t like myself. Always available if you ever need an ear to listen to vets. IGY6

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back