Mojave Calling Arrma - We really need/want something like this...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandracer_NL

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
We need an Arrma Desert Buggy!
Maybe the group of potential buyers is a lot smaller than form other cars, but when I this vid yesterday I almost bought it.

Options for these in 4s to 6s category are limited: FTX DR8 6s and Reely Raptor 6s (FS Racing 6s neglected due to availability). The Team Associated Nomad 4s is discontinued.
Now this ZD Racing DBX07 (1/7 scale) is entering the field and looks amazing. Both in RTR and KIT available! Only let downs are that there is no spare parts list (or exploded view) let alone finding spare parts.

So Arrma, using the popular Mojave (Desert Truck) as a base, a lot of parts could be generic if you (Arrma) would create a Desert Buggy, making the investment easier to justify than creating a desert buggy from scratch.
Come on Arrma, you want a Desert Buggy in your line up and so do we!(y)

*me putting a tube frame and outcast suspension on an infraction..*
huh?
I like that!

come on Arrma
Do It Reaction GIF

Last edited:
We need an Arrma Desert Buggy!
Maybe the group of potential buyers is a lot smaller than form other cars, but when I this vid yesterday I almost bought it.

Options for these in 4s to 6s category are limited: FTX DR8 6s and Reely Raptor 6s (FS Racing 6s neglected due to availability). The Team Associated Nomad 4s is discontinued.
Now this ZD Racing DBX07 (1/7 scale) is entering the field and looks amazing. Both in RTR and KIT available! Only let downs are that there is no spare parts list (or exploded view) let alone finding spare parts.

So Arrma, using the popular Mojave (Desert Truck) as a base, a lot of parts could be generic if you (Arrma) would create a Desert Buggy, making the investment easier to justify than creating a desert buggy from scratch.
Come on Arrma, you want a Desert Buggy in your line up and so do we!(y)

I would def be interested in that. I missed the boat on the Nomad, kinda glad since it was based on a soon to be discontinued design..
My brother just picked up a Lasernut, so cool. Handles our rock/root strewn track amazingly. They have their own issues from what I've heard being built on 1/10 drivetrain. Time will tell.. I suggested he keeps it on 3s.
But a true 6s worthy drivetrain Arrma would be the s**t IMO😁 C'mon ARRMA!!
So funny as just yesterday I was thinking how cool to have the Mojave with long arms and tall skinny aggressive tires, and of course a cage!!

Attachments

• d256875b-af98-40f1-8600-a92c5bf8df02_text.gif
    d256875b-af98-40f1-8600-a92c5bf8df02_text.gif
    343.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I agree, a bad a$$ desert buggy is something I’ve wanted for awhile. The Losi XL-E 1/5 is a bit out of my price range, plus it would be great to have Arrma parts interchangeability since I already have Mojave spares. Make that beast 8s capable!
That’s awesome. There’s a guy on the Traxxas forum who did a similar build using some Losi Lasernut parts. Love those post apocalyptic looking, Mad Max-ish builds. Too cool for school.

Last edited:
I have a couple ender3's. I had seen this on thingiverse before. I'm not great at 3d printing but the parts I have printed don't really hold up well for bashing? My whole purpose of buying the printer in the first place was soley to try making my own parts.. another decision I made without really knowing what all is involved.
It's a hobby in itself..
My parents were right, I should've stayed in school!🤣🤔😔

How's it holding up? My concern is durability and getting parts for these unknown brands?
Yeah, me too. AliExpress has a couple really cool, high hobby quality trucks for really decent money, but I can’t imagine parts are available. Every brand there is breaks now and then with some hard bashing, and parts availability is my number one potential red flag for buying any kind of hobby grade RC. I’m not above MacGyvering stuff, and even enjoy it at times, but this might be a Yugo kind of situation.
That is one cool truck though! Details?

The one I have bought myself are easy to get parts for here in the UK as its sold under the ftx banner as a dr8 but its the same car as the realy raptor and atom in other countries and its ment to be really tuff.The only weak part is the plastic rear hinge pin holder but alloy hop ups are readily available for that.

I have a couple ender3's. I had seen this on thingiverse before. I'm not great at 3d printing but the parts I have printed don't really hold up well for bashing? My whole purpose of buying the printer in the first place was soley to try making my own parts.. another decision I made without really knowing what all is involved.
It's a hobby in itself..
My parents were right, I should've stayed in school!🤣🤔😔

Material is the main player here.. have to use a suitable material for the job at hand..

Nylon's
Tpu's
Pctpe's

All common materials for rc parts.. keep in mind these materials take a certain amount of slicer and machine finesse to produce good parts..

If using standard easy to print stuff like pla, it's pretty much a given that they will break fairly quickly...

I think a Typhon would make a better base vehicle for scale. The Talion is much wider.

Strange wheelbase as it’s between a Typhon and a Talion on length. Wonder if that body would work on either length.

I totally agree my friend.. 👍.. maybe the talion was intentional because of the length and the use of the reely cage..🤔

I totally agree my friend.. 👍.. maybe the talion was intentional because of the length and the use of the reely cage..🤔
On the thingiverse link you posted, in the comments, sounds like the cage is/was hard to find in US? I haven't looked as it wouldn't work for LWB Mojave.
TBH, I've never printed anything in PLA, threw the sample that came with the ender right in the round file. I've had some success with ABS, PETG,TPU.. Nylon I can't get to stick to the bed. PETG I can't get off the bed,🤔.. once summer came, I haven't been back to the printers..hibernation is coming tho, so I'll be back at it soon..
Wish I had the patience to learn me some cad..

I have bought myself one of these for Christmas

View attachment 174081
Cool, I have the blue one although I’ve wrapped it in camo.
Been bashing it since May 2020 and love it. Apart from the rear suspension mount (I just ordered aluminium part) the plastic center diff mount slowly melts increasing play for the bearing. Replacing it costs less than €5 including a new top plate👍.
The motor mount is still a fixed one, so I replaced that with the sliding one from it’s twin brother the Reely Raptor.
After more than a year it need a new bumper, lower front suspension arm and shock springs. A few crashes too many 😂.
So now doing a full maintenance and customizing/upgrading it (aluminium parts, DIY windshield, Leopard motor, new LED’s, new mudguards, new body panels. Decided to give it a new look and make it like new again (only better😉).
You won’t regret it. Put I bigger pinion on it and it’s very fast on 4s (I haven’t even tried 6s).
From a few months ago:
834C98C1-CF95-4313-9A1E-DB98115BD814.jpeg

Cool, I have the blue one although I’ve wrapped it in camo.
Been bashing it since May 2020 and love it. Apart from the rear suspension mount (I just ordered aluminium part) the plastic center diff mount slowly melts increasing play for the bearing. Replacing it costs less than €5 including a new top plate👍.
The motor mount is still a fixed one, so I replaced that with the sliding one from it’s twin brother the Reely Raptor.
After more than a year it need a new bumper, lower front suspension arm and shock springs. A few crashes too many 😂.
So now doing a full maintenance and customizing/upgrading it (aluminium parts, DIY windshield, Leopard motor, new LED’s, new mudguards, new body panels. Decided to give it a new look and make it like new again (only better😉).
You won’t regret it. Put I bigger pinion on it and it’s very fast on 4s (I haven’t even tried 6s).
From a few months ago:
View attachment 174089
Looks good.Do you need hex extenders to run the mx28's?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back