Outcast Calling on the 3d printer guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made the tweaks to the inner and outer vertical edges as marked.

1661792091883.png

1661792133696.png

Man, looks pretty good to me, maybe split the difference on that inside edge and make it 3°, other than that, print that sucker!! (y) (y)
Would "Big Tex" in the center be too much...??:cool:

You realize that's just the "block" draft, used mainly to get the general Shape ,dimensions & angles for the part...

I haven't even started on 'adding' the design aspect of the mudguards..

Man, looks pretty good to me, maybe split the difference on that inside edge and make it 3°,

yes, I can do that.

Would "Big Tex" in the center be too much...??:cool:

You want the words "Big Tex" or the Actual 3D head plastered on the part?

other than that, print that sucker!! (y) (y)

Patience..

Lol, I completely understand... and i was just thinking a twist on your screen name printed in the middle of the mudguard itself if that was possible/not too much work, after all, need to let everyone know where these bad boys came from!

Lol, I completely understand... and i was just thinking a twist on your screen name printed in the middle of the mudguard itself if that was possible/not too much work, after all, need to let everyone know where these bad boys came from!

Thank you.

I'm still dreaming about what my branding will be.. Both in lettering (fonts) and Logo. It'll be awhile before that happens.
Or, if it will even be related to this screen name.
Cause I do have a 'company' name in mind... That'll be dedicated to 3D design & fabrication.

So, here's version 0.8a

With your angle adjustment of 3° for the inner edge.
And, I've added an additional section to protect a bit more of the shock body..

1661801565096.png

1661801505784.png

What do you think.. Too much? Higher / Lower?
Not needed at all??

Last edited:
Nope, that's perfect! There's plenty of clearance as far as the body goes so that little extra on top is a welcome addition! My only critique would be to start that little extra part about 5mm further to the right, and make the angle slightly more gradual, as clearance to the rear body post mount COULD be an issue. Otherwise, I think you nailed it my man, I'm pretty excited to see these come to life!

Nope, that's perfect! There's plenty of clearance as far as the body goes so that little extra on top is a welcome addition! My only critique would be to start that little extra part about 5mm further to the right, and make the angle slightly more gradual, as clearance to the rear body post mount COULD be an issue. Otherwise, I think you nailed it my man, I'm pretty excited to see these come to life!

You mean something like this >

1661806311481.png

Ok. So how much? I will take the plain and simple in black please:)

2 sets if you are selling them. Let me know.

Good morning.

Okay.
Let me get these queued on the printer and printed..
I need to check tolerances and make sure they meet spec.

I'll PM you once they are done.

Oh man, looks awesome!!! Well done sir!!

Much appreciated sir!
This Virtual/Remote collaboration works for me. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back