Kraton Camber link ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjones85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I purchased a used v4 Kraton and it came with GPM turnbuckles. I heard that they were crap so I decided to run until they broke which they eventually did. I put the stock camber links back on and one of those broke about 5min into the first run. It broke the short end that attaches to the hub. It looks like maybe I had it threaded on too far and stressed the plastic. My question is, are the stock ends generally good or are there better alternatives? Thanks

:)
The stock ones are just fine. Don't waste your money on upgrade stuff for these. I never broke or bent or cracked a rod end on my V4 kraton. I don't hear of that much anyway. I would consider how you drive. And practice more. The rod end should have about 3 threads exposed showing on both ends. approx. ( gives you 1-1.5 degrees Negative camber(y)) Screwing in too much until it bottoms out into the rod end, yes, it will brick it fast. But driving is your issue. I cartwheel at times, and I may break a rear arm on occasion, which is normal. User error. But I never broke any Stock camber rods, Neither on my 6S Kraton or Notorious. Yes they have sloppy ball ends out of the box, but that's it. They are still pretty strong.
GPM makes crap. IMO. Stay away. Support is nonexistent if you get a defective GPM part. Been there. Especially with my Crawlers. Stupid me bought too much GPM stuff for them. Horrible stuff I was stuck with, some did not even fit. They sit in my parts bin as a reminder.
GPM=stay away.
Good luck.

:)
The stock ones are just fine. Don't waste your money on upgrade stuff for these. I never broke or bent or cracked a rod end on my V4 kraton. I don't hear of that much anyway. I would consider how you drive. And practice more. The rod end should have about 3 threads exposed showing on both ends. approx. ( gives you 1-1.5 degrees Negative camber(y)) Screwing in too much until it bottoms out into the rod end, yes, it will brick it fast. But driving is your issue. I cartwheel at times, and I may break a rear arm on occasion, which is normal. User error. But I never broke any camber rods, Neither on my 6S Kraton or Notorious. Yes they have sloppy ball ends out of the box, but that's it. They are still pretty strong.
GPM makes crap. IMO. Stay away. Support is nonexistent if you get a defective GPM part. Been there. Especially with my Crawlers. Stupid me bought too much GPM stuff for them. Horrible stuff I was stuck with, some did not even fit. They sit in my parts bin as a reminder.
GPM=stay away.
Good luck.
I definitely didn’t have 3 threads showing and with it broke, I can see that the rod was most likely bottomed out. You mean poor driving can cause breakages??? Never! I’m actually a decent driver that gets carried away from time to time lol. This is my first Kraton but not first truck so I’m learning the ins and outs of the thing. Thanks for your info.

If you had the rod ends screwed all the way, your camber setting was off to begin with. Too much negative camber.
But that aside, if the temps were below 40 degrees F., I can see that contributing to the breakage in addition to being too tight to begin with. But like I said, I never broke a camber rod end even near Freezing ambients. How big are the tires you are running? Too heavy and big other than the stock size will increase that chance of rod end breakage.
I am sure someone has. But it's usually user error. And that doesn't seem like any real issue that crops up here on AF. Everyone keeps the Stock ones. Others may chime in. (y)

If you had the rod ends screwed all the way, your camber setting was off to begin with. Too much negative camber.
But that aside, if the temps were below 40 degrees F., I can see that contributing to the breakage in addition to being too tight to begin with. But like I said, I never broke a camber rod end even near Freezing ambients. How big are the tires you are running? Too heavy and big other than the stock size will increase that chance of rod end breakage.
I am sure someone has. But it's usually user error. And that doesn't seem like any real issue that crops up here on AF. Everyone keeps the Stock ones. Others may chime in. (y)
Was actually about 65 here in Virginia yesterday. Stock tires. Camber was about 2 degrees. Looking at it again, I had the outer end threaded on too far and the inner end not threaded in enough. Not “centered” I guess you could say. I’ll admit user error on this one ?
Was actually about 65 here in Virginia yesterday. Stock tires. Camber was about 2 degrees. Looking at it again, I had the outer end threaded on too far and the inner end not threaded in enough. Not “centered” I guess you could say. I’ll admit user error on this one ?
-2 degrees I should say

They will center properly if you start them evenly and install and use a wrench to adjust camber on the rod further. For reference I show 3 threads showing on the rod at each end. That was pretty much stock setting. I only tweaked it for slightly less camber from stock.

They will center properly if you start them evenly and install and use a wrench to adjust camber on the rod further. For reference I show 3 threads showing on the rod at each end. That was pretty much stock setting. I only tweaked it for slightly less camber from stock.
Gotcha. I’ll do the same. Thanks

After getting new stock ends, I can see why the others broke...The previous owner had the wrong ones on it
046D4C68-DBF0-49AD-9C58-85B8928374F2.jpeg

After getting new stock ends, I can see why the others broke...The previous owner had the wrong ones on it
View attachment 64388

Previous user error. I'm sure your driving is fine.??
I've replaced ends on my Talion after they stretched out and would pop off too easily. I just use stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back