Kraton Camera Mount for Kraton 6S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechDad

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
I have a Gopro 8 that I want to put on the Kraton,but only see mounts that attach to the rear wing. Is this the popular solution? Was also thinking about one of those small POV cameras. Let me know if there are other options either for sell or can be made by 3d printing. Thanks

Last edited:
I have a Gopro 8 thatr I want to put on the Kraton,but only see mounts that attach to the rear wing. Is this the popular solution? Was also thinking about one of those small POV cameras. Let me know if there are other options either for sell or can be made by 3d printing. Thanks

Do you already have the hardcase for the gopro8 and you just need a mount to attach it to the Kraton?

Or, are you looking for a complete kit that houses the gopro AND have it mounted to the body/roof/rear hatch area?

Do you already have the hardcase for the gopro8 and you just need a mount to attach it to the Kraton?

Or, are you looking for a complete kit that houses the gopro AND have it mounted to the body/roof?
Doesn’t the hero 8 black have the wings on the bottom for mounting?

Either way a case is a good idea for RC’s.

I've got the rubber case for my Hero 9. Held up on one crash where it fell off RC in street. I did crack the lens but it was just the protective covering that cracked. (Thank goodness I put those on!)

Should I also get an aluminum/hard case or do you think the rubber one will be good? What do you have @Rob66 ? I would think the metal one would add a lot of weight. 🤷‍♂️

I've got the rubber case for my Hero 9. Held up on one crash where it fell off RC in street. I did crack the lens but it was just the protective covering that cracked. (Thank goodness I put those on!)

Should I also get an aluminum/hard case or do you think the rubber one will be good? What do you have @Rob66 ? I would think the metal one would add a lot of weight. 🤷‍♂️
I don’t have any case, but when I put the GoPro in a RC it always my Mojave where it nicely tucked in out of harms way.

If I were to get a case, it would be the GoPro one : https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts...e-housing-plus-waterproof-case/ADDIV-001.html

I don’t have any case, but when I put the GoPro in a RC it always my Mojave where it nicely tucked in out of harms way.

If I were to get a case, it would be the GoPro one : https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts...e-housing-plus-waterproof-case/ADDIV-001.html
Thanks!

Interesting. Do you record from inside the Moja? Is it pointing out the windshield? Hole cut out?

That's what I use and it works great. its the same case I use for my GoPro when I go diving.
Thanks! I'll order it when I get home from vaca!

Appreciate you guys! 👍 ✌️

Thanks!

Interesting. Do you record from inside the Moja? Is it pointing out the windshield? Hole cut out?

Thanks! I'll order it when I get home from vaca!

Appreciate you guys! 👍 ✌️
Yes, I cut a a hole in the cockpit floor and stuck the GoPro wings in the hole and screwed the in the other side, making the cockpit floor a sandwich keep the GoPro on.

I’ll take some pictures when I get a chance.

Or, are you looking for a complete kit that houses the gopro AND have it mounted to the body/roof/rear hatch area?
I actually looked and I do have the hardcase and I must at one time bought an aluminum case. So I just need a way to mount it.

Looks like this would work? Mount
Yes, I cut a a hole in the cockpit floor and stuck the GoPro wings in the hole and screwed the in the other side, making the cockpit floor a sandwich keep the GoPro on.

I’ll take some pictures when I get a chance.
Interested in seeing this.

Last edited:
I actually looked and I do have the hardcase and I must at one time bought an aluminum case. So I just need a way to mount it.

Looks like this would work? Mount

Interested in seeing this.
I have an older gopro, when the plastic case was the only way to waterproof it. The cases are super robust. Aside from scratching the part of the housing where the camera lens is (which looks like it's still a replaceable part), i would be confident that it would protect a gopro even under big jumps.

If your looking to mount up front, i've seen people use something sticky to mount it to the body and a plate to spread the load out so that the body can keep it more rigid. you could probably also drill through the body and use fasteners and washers on the underside.

I have an older gopro, when the plastic case was the only way to waterproof it. The cases are super robust. Aside from scratching the part of the housing where the camera lens is (which looks like it's still a replaceable part), i would be confident that it would protect a gopro even under big jumps.

If your looking to mount up front, i've seen people use something sticky to mount it to the body and a plate to spread the load out so that the body can keep it more rigid. you could probably also drill through the body and use fasteners and washers on the underside.
Yeah, I used the sticky mount on the hood and it worked well. I was surprised. That was in the street, I'm sure it would fly off on a big jump.

I have used cheapo AMZ cube cams before. Light and easy to mount. Some came with a protective clear case. But they will break internally just from the shocks of impacts alone. But I paid like $100. for 4 of them. They just don't have image stabilization. So the raw footage is very jittery on rough terrain.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back