Camera mounting inside body??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Anyone have any better ideas... here’s mine... I wish I could use the actual mount.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also now a video will probably come out slanted... hope I can edit it upright. I will say, it is pointing dead straight. No up or down angle, which is good.

I've never tried. Videos shot from the vehicle gives me motion sickness. Can't watch them, lol ?
Ah lmao, I’ve always been pretty good with motion sickness. That’s an original GoPro hero so it’s definitely got a fisheye and 720p, but I’m just doing it to see how the feel is, nothing tooo too serious. If it’s good, I’ll pick up a hero 7 and maybe start doing some YouTube when I’m not working :)

Maybe!

I'm going to try to make something to attach to my T2T brace in my outcast and on my stampede 4x4. Will have to figure out something else on my revos and my savage's. Right now, I just drilled holes through the hood of my savage and strapped my hero5 session to it. I had to put a thin metal plate under the hood and riveted it to the body, then enlarged the holes through it (along with a grommet around the hole) to run veclro strap through to hold the camera down. I have the industrial Velcro on the camera and hood to help keep it from sliding around.

It's irritating... but I like having the POV footage as a PIP in my videos. Makes them harder to edit and takes longer, but I like it just the same.

I'm with @bicketybam though, I can't watch just it for more than a few seconds or I get motion sickness. lol! The first time I tried making a POV video only, I nearly threw up on my desk!

What a bunch of Nancy’s. Take a Dramamine or something ?
So I can watch sh!tty video from the truck's POV? Hard pass. You can't see jack.

Im still tryin to find a spot to mount my gopro to the Typhon.. But the darn thing doesn't have a single flat surface to stick a mount to..
Only spot i found so far is on the rear wing.. But thats gonna get real ugly real fast when i roll it..

So, if anybody has a suggestion.. Please do!

Im still tryin to find a spot to mount my gopro to the Typhon.. But the darn thing doesn't have a single flat surface to stick a mount to..
Only spot i found so far is on the rear wing.. But thats gonna get real ugly real fast when i roll it..

So, if anybody has a suggestion.. Please do!
I have mine on the rear wing. I used two zipties, one in front one in back. I’ve crashed a few times. One little scratch on the side of the housing is all I’ve managed to mess up so far.

I have mine on the rear wing. I used two zipties, one in front one in back. I’ve crashed a few times. One little scratch on the side of the housing is all I’ve managed to mess up so far.

I have these lyin around.. Just need to drill a small hole to mount it..

IMG_20190622_034100.jpg

On the rear wing.. It will work.. But to work with this small based thinghy on the body.. It will get shaky asf.. And.. I think it will screw up the hole in the body in like no time at all..

I’m using the stickyback mount, but didn’t pull off the film. I used that for the cushion. Just used two 8” zipties to fasten it. It did fall off when I slammed into a railroad tie on a speed run when my brakes failed me ?

I have these lyin around.. Just need to drill a small hole to mount it..

View attachment 41359

On the rear wing.. It will work.. But to work with this small based thinghy on the body.. It will get shaky asf.. And.. I think it will screw up the hole in the body in like no time at all..
They fold down on impact. Regardless how tight you make it. I even tried an alloy one and pliers. Still folds down when you land a jump. They also raise the camera which then adds leverage, so whatever you mount it to takes more abuse when jumping. Found that out with my outcast body when I had one of those screwed to the side.

2018-0801-Outcast-CameraMount01.jpg

Then I tried this:
2018-0814-Outcast-CameraMount01.jpg

2018-0814-Outcast-CameraMount03.jpg

If you use the clippy type mounting plate, the tabs rip off of it when jumping. You can see them missing up above They just shatter and the camera goes flying. So I did away with that, then put industrial velcro on the bar, then wrapped the session to the bar with a velcro battery strap as tight as I could without ripping it.

2019-0504-Outcast-OriginalBodyBeatUp.jpg

You can see where my body split clear up the side at the seam where the "door" is in the truck cab. The weight of the camera is causing that. Now backed with plastic and held together with rivets. I have one of those indestructible bodies, but until I figure out a better solution for the camera, I don't want to install a bad idea from the start on a $80 body I had to wait 3 weeks to get.

So now, I think I'm going to try making a little box to raise it up off of my T2T bar, screw the box to that, then velcro the camera to it and cut a hole in the windshield for it to view through. I don't want the box so high that the body hits the camera on landing, but if I put it too low, you won't see anything other than what's under the hood. Would be best to find something stiff, but with give that can handle the impact vs a hunk of alloy.

I'm going to try to make something to attach to my T2T brace in my outcast and on my stampede 4x4. Will have to figure out something else on my revos and my savage's. Right now, I just drilled holes through the hood of my savage and strapped my hero5 session to it. I had to put a thin metal plate under the hood and riveted it to the body, then enlarged the holes through it (along with a grommet around the hole) to run veclro strap through to hold the camera down. I have the industrial Velcro on the camera and hood to help keep it from sliding around.

It's irritating... but I like having the POV footage as a PIP in my videos. Makes them harder to edit and takes longer, but I like it just the same.

I'm with @bicketybam though, I can't watch just it for more than a few seconds or I get motion sickness. lol! The first time I tried making a POV video only, I nearly threw up on my desk!
I like the idea of the metal plate and the riveting... might have to give it a shot. For now, I’ll use ziptied.

It looks to me like the guy somewhere in the tropics,I think, has his mounted. Can’t remember his name now,he used to post quite a bit. He really sends it in his backyard. If I remember right,looks like he has a bracket mounted under the chassis and coming out by the drivers door area. It must have held up well the way that he drove that truck. Damn,I wish I could remember his name. Some of you older hands on here surely know who I am talking about.
Not inside the body I know,but could work for some of you guys.

Yeah, his mount is kind of obtrusive. Pretty sure it would just ripped off on a bad cartwheel landing. Works well for the shots he gets with it though. I'm more of a "mount it and leave it" kind of guy, then just record the entire session and use it as a PIP throughout the entire video. So I'd want it a bit more protected and less likely to get ripped off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back