Notorious Can’t figure this throttle shut off problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiredremotecontrol

Reaction score
What’s up gents. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Thanks to anyone that has time to read this and could give me some help with it
I have a notorious 6s blx just changed the motor and esc to a hobby wing max 6 combo with the 4985 motor. I just put a new spectrum receive on it. I calibrated the remote. Change all batteries remote and car has fresh batteries. The truck will drive for 1 min then the trottle will cut off I will have stearing but not throttle. The esc will blink read and just sit. If I turn the car on and off it will do the same thing over and over. I am not full throtttlimg the remote, just feathering it and it will cut off. I am new to this hobby. And have not had much electronic trouble shooting experience . I see the Mac 6 has the bec options for 6 and 7 mike is ok 6 I don’t know if I up the bec voltage if it will work.but I am not to sure how bec works so I didn’t want to burn anything. The last spectrum transmitter just wouldn’t not work with the hobby wing motor I used a spare transmitter and it works fine. It was a spectrum sr 315 transmitter that gave me no issues So I don’t know where else to look any help would be great. Thanks again

Welcome!! Sorry for your issues. I have never used the Spectrum tx/rx (transmitter/reciever) as I change those out-out the box to my Radio Link rx/tx.

What size battery you using? Have you tried to re-bind the transmitter and set the throttle up again? I have heard of people having similar issues with Spectrum rx/tx.

What’s up gents. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Thanks to anyone that has time to read this and could give me some help with it
I have a notorious 6s blx just changed the motor and esc to a hobby wing max 6 combo with the 4985 motor. I just put a new spectrum receive on it. I calibrated the remote. Change all batteries remote and car has fresh batteries. The truck will drive for 1 min then the trottle will cut off I will have stearing but not throttle. The esc will blink read and just sit. If I turn the car on and off it will do the same thing over and over. I am not full throtttlimg the remote, just feathering it and it will cut off. I am new to this hobby. And have not had much electronic trouble shooting experience . I see the Mac 6 has the bec options for 6 and 7 mike is ok 6 I don’t know if I up the bec voltage if it will work.but I am not to sure how bec works so I didn’t want to burn anything. The last spectrum transmitter just wouldn’t not work with the hobby wing motor I used a spare transmitter and it works fine. It was a spectrum sr 315 transmitter that gave me no issues So I don’t know where else to look any help would be great. Thanks again
Welcome!! Sorry for your issues. I have never used the Spectrum tx/rx (transmitter/reciever) as I change those out-out the box to my Radio Link rx/tx.

What size battery you using? Have you tried to re-bind the transmitter and set the throttle up again? I have heard of people having similar issues with Spectrum rx/tx.
That’s it. You figured it out. I read your reply and realized I was just using the 3s battery because I didn’t want to put it up to 6s yet since inwanred to break her in slow. I guess the max 6 pulls to much power off my 3 s 52 mah Lee battery it was sending it to low voltage cut off. I put her on 6s and it runs like a charm. Thanks for pointing the batteries out. I been rebindings,recalibrating, switching receivers all night and it was the battery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back