Granite Can’t find metal diffs anywhere/giving up on arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiles

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hot racing are all sold out and I called horizon and they won’t have input gears until august and he said even then those are already sold out. I really have tried but I’m gonna have to give up on arrma. This is a constant thing where I try to give them money and they don’t want it is getting old. I love the product but when I can’t get the product it’s useless. It really sucks becouse I was gonna buy a new 4s when they come out but I’m sure they will be out of parts within a month. I know everyone talks shot about traxxas but they always have parts. I’m not trashing arrma I love the cars but I can’t wait monthes for parts

Yeah, sucks sometimes. I got lucky and snagged one off ebay last week.

Can you just use the standard diff till it comes in? I bashed the crsp out of mine, and took me 3 months at about 5 packs a week to finally kill the stock input.

Hot racing are all sold out and I called horizon and they won’t have input gears until august and he said even then those are already sold out. I really have tried but I’m gonna have to give up on arrma. This is a constant thing where I try to give them money and they don’t want it is getting old. I love the product but when I can’t get the product it’s useless. It really sucks becouse I was gonna buy a new 4s when they come out but I’m sure they will be out of parts within a month. I know everyone talks shot about traxxas but they always have parts. I’m not trashing arrma I love the cars but I can’t wait monthes for parts
Dude, you're crazy. I just bought a HR metal diff case and ring gear for my Big Rock today from eBay.
Input gears are available too.

Dude, you're crazy. I just bought a HR metal diff case and ring gear for my Big Rock today from eBay.
Input gears are available too.
Ring gears are showing out of stock on eBay now, cups are still available, 4 when I looked.

Yeah I can use stock but this is not the first time. I just don’t understand their business model and don’t really wanna do business with a company that can’t even keep parts in stock. Maybe it will get better but I see guys having this problem way too much

I’m not crazy that ahit goes fast. I was trying to get the arrma ones and save some money. Thanks for the link tho,

Yeah I can use stock but this is not the first time. I just don’t understand their business model and don’t really wanna do business with a company that can’t even keep parts in stock. Maybe it will get better but I see guys having this problem way too much
As sad as it is to say this I don't think it will get better any time soon. :(

Have you tried the Hot Racing differential yoke? It definitely helps save the rear diff. Recently I still stripped the rear diff even with the yoke, but I think there were other contributing factors. I'm trying to stick with the stock diffs to minimize weight. Besides, the Arrma metal diffs are out of stock. I don't want to go with the Hot Racing one, because it doesn't have the shortened input gear and I love the plastic nut on the slipper.

I just was able to buy an Arrma metal crown gear on eBay. All I need now is the metal input gear. I bought the diff case for it last week. I'll run my Typhon until one of the diffs goes out. But I haven't been bashing it too hard so it should last a good while. I may break it down whenever I get it next week and just replace it and keep the composition one. But probably not because the screws on the stock diff cup are so tight that I'll probably end up destroying it trying to take them out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back