Fireteam Can’t wait to start throwing parts at it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanwah17

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
First RC, time to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

85A09C05-6765-4D21-96F6-16F451E9D1DE.jpeg

I’m thinking a set of belted tires and a set of paddles. Gonna do a full tear down after I run through a few battery cycles and see what’s wearing, but parts wise first will probably knuckles and sealed bearings throughout. Then do some customizing of the body. Remove the “troops” insert and make a side by side style interior. Definitely lights and a dash mount style GoPro style for fpv style driving. Any suggestion on weaker parts to look out for?

I’m thinking a set of belted tires and a set of paddles. Gonna do a full tear down after I run through a few battery cycles and see what’s wearing, but parts wise first will probably knuckles and sealed bearings throughout. Then do some customizing of the body. Remove the “troops” insert and make a side by side style interior. Definitely lights and a dash mount style GoPro style for fpv style driving. Any suggestion on weaker parts to look out for?
I have Hurd good things on the tires it comes with and it has sealed bearings all ready
If you just driving around and not bashing hard I say should be fine out of the box. But bashing hard chassis braces be first up.

Spare sealed bearing are indeed a must. Make sure you check the diffs also. It is absolutely certain they are low on fluid.

Personally, the first structural upgrade I'd do is replacing the plastic chassis braces with M2C (or other high-end 7075 braces) if you intend to send it on big jumps. It seems they are holding up so far on the Fireteams out there... but I'm not too sure why, as they have always been one of the weakest link in the Arrma 6s vehicles.

Spare sealed bearing are indeed a must. Make sure you check the diffs also. It is absolutely certain they are low on fluid.

Personally, the first structural upgrade I'd do is replacing the plastic chassis braces with M2C (or other high-end 7075 braces) if you intend to send it on big jumps. It seems they are holding up so far on the Fireteams out there... but I'm not too sure why, as they have always been one of the weakest link in the Arrma 6s vehicles.
No real big jumps yet, I don’t plan on doing that until I learn how to control it on the ground lol
I read that the ball ends can pop out of the plastic knuckles if they impact and to replace them with aluminum. I live close to a bmx track so that’s probably where I’ll be running it the most. Gonna do the bearings or at least get a set because I live in the valley in Oregon and it’s wet 9 days out of 10 until summer so I foresee them rusting

No real big jumps yet, I don’t plan on doing that until I learn how to control it on the ground lol
I read that the ball ends can pop out of the plastic knuckles if they impact and to replace them with aluminum. I live close to a bmx track so that’s probably where I’ll be running it the most. Gonna do the bearings or at least get a set because I live in the valley in Oregon and it’s wet 9 days out of 10 until summer so I foresee them rusting

I never had a ball end pop out of the plastic knuckles. I did drive with a cracked knuckle for a while but the ball didn't even come out. I wouldn't bother replacing these with aluminum. I'd put the money on other parts before the steering knuckles if you are interested in upgrading right away: M2C chassis, 7075 chassis braces, Ackerman plate, MIP hex drivers and/or speed bits, etc.

Plastic steering knuckles are cheap and easy to fix anyway if you have an issue. Also, aluminum ones are heavier...and it is generally preferable to avoid adding unsuspended mass (for handling).

My build is going to be on a K6 EXB. I have almost everything I need now. I'm going to use a Mojave EXB body to start but I love the 1/7 Arrma platform because it has the best of the Arrma body's! I plan on getting the Infraction, Felony and, of course, now the Fireteam body and having all of the mounts for them to swap out. I'll probably get some street tires for the Felony body and do some speed runs with it eventually. I have limited space for rc's and the wife doesn't want me to have more then one... so 1 it is. Built to the hilt with 4 different bodies! 😆

I’m thinking a set of belted tires
From what I've seen, the Fireteam tires are already good at not ballooning and maintaining stability and traction at top speed. It looks like they were designed for it. The Fireteam tracks completely straight at top speed. I have a feeling people will start using Fireteam tires as an upgrade instead of heavy belted tires. Belted tires may be a downgrade.

Last edited:
Mine balloon quite a bit on full throttle, I live next to a big parking lot and I read they would be good for asphalt runs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back