can a 1/8 truck body fit a 1/10 truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the specs and compare them to the stock body; Length, width & wheelbase. If they are close then you could probably fit it. Other then dimensions pay attention to whether the bodies are predilled for body posts or have indentations to mark body post locations if it is a stock body for another brand

@BigSplit after looking at the measurements, I decided ded the bigger body would go with what I wanted. But in case I was looking into something with a bigger body in the future, what would be close enough? I know I can't go off the 1/10 body size but going off the body length only, the 1/8 bod was about 3 in longer.

I don't think there is a sure fire way to know what will and won't work in that case without finding someone who has already tried or trying yourself. It's preference really. There are some bodies people use on the Kraton/Talion that I think look to small and other people love them.

@BigSplit yea I guess the size is preference. I'll just have to make time to go to a shop and see if I can eyeball it better in person to see how it'll look and go from there

this is probably a dumb question but is there anyway to get a 1/8 truck body to fit my arrma granite? this body specifically http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBBSY&P=ML to make a vintage bigfoot truck. i did see a 1/10 parma body http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDA56&P=7 but i heard the shells werent as durable.

Here is have a comparison between a 1/10 traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl and a arrma nero.

The stampede is on proline trenchers/ desparados (big tires). It has the wheelie bar sticking out on the back. And also has a tbone front bumper (big bumper). It has what I believe the biggest body for this truck. Which is a Ford F-250 body (long). I thought this truck was pretty big when I first got it. Then when I bought my new arrma nero 1/8 model. I was blown away by the size. The nero is stock besides the tbone trasher bumper.

From the pictures you can see that the nero body is so so much bigger than the stampede body. It makes the truck look small when put side by side. The nero body pretty much covers the entire stampede. The stampede body doesn't have a chance fitting the nero.

Attachments

• 20161213_150649.jpg
    20161213_150649.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 20161213_150556.jpg
    20161213_150556.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20161213_150845.jpg
    20161213_150845.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 80
Im gonna try and make my own body mold out of construction grade styro and use a vacuum table to pull the mold. Did it before with a Heli canopy but I have to make a larger table... Old one isn't long enough

Check out the specs and compare them to the stock body; Length, width & wheelbase. If they are close then you could probably fit it. Other then dimensions pay attention to whether the bodies are predilled for body posts or have indentations to mark body post locations if it is a stock body for another brand
what he said ^^

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back