Granite Can a fan be connected to the mega srs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Granite voltage. Considering a fan for my upgraded motor.

I have a voltage alarm connected to my lipo so need somewhere else to connect a fan. Can it be connected somehow directly to the stock esc/receiver? Or some other way?

You can use the bind port on the receiver for this. Alternately, if you're comfortable soldering, you can buy a set of balance lead extenders from Amazon and splice them together to create a "Y" (I did this myself to run fans and a voltage alarm from the battery balance leads - because I'm running 12V fans and the BEC voltage wasn't high enough to get decent RPM)

You can use the bind port on the receiver for this. Alternately, if you're comfortable soldering, you can buy a set of balance lead extenders from Amazon and splice them together to create a "Y" (I did this myself to run fans and a voltage alarm from the battery balance leads - because I'm running 12V fans and the BEC voltage wasn't high enough to get decent RPM)
One more reason to run 2 3S batteries instead of one 6S. Pretty sure 24 volts would be bad for those fans. Or maybe they would just run really really fast. Hmmm. I want to test that. (Outside in the driveway with the fan not connected to a car with wire cutters in hand and a fire extinguisher.)

One more reason to run 2 3S batteries instead of one 6S. Pretty sure 24 volts would be bad for those fans. Or maybe they would just run really really fast. Hmmm. I want to test that. (Outside in the driveway with the fan not connected to a car with wire cutters in hand and a fire extinguisher.)
Haha, they're good up to 17V... I suspect they'd die going far north of 20V... but I'm not sure what would fail first (motor windings? PCB?).

Oh, and if I were connecting to a 6S battery, I'd put a voltage regulator in line to give the desired voltage.

I have a voltage alarm connected to my lipo so need somewhere else to connect a fan. Can it be connected somehow directly to the stock esc/receiver? Or some other way?
If you are still running the stock servo, make sure the fan uses this type of connector and plug it into the 3 wire servo port.
0J3187.1200x600.jpg

Voltage doesn't have a bind port or a receiver.

Here is the wire harness I made (note that I have adapted to a molex connector series to work with fans we use at work). The black tube in the middle is an inline fuse holder (with a 0.5A fuse) I added to protect the battery 'just in case' something shorts out.
20210118_180459_HDR.jpg

Plug it into the 3 wire servo pins. If you have something there get a set of Y connectors.

1611794446331.png

Back