Senton Can a faster motor be installed on the Senton 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can do anything you want to do.

but you're new to the hobby? don't. the senton blx on 3s is nutz out of the box. get comfortable with that first. what's the point of going fast if youre going to be hitting everything in sight. newbies..
Lol that's a fact, I was just wondering honestly because I really wanted to get the 6s blx but after reviewing YouTube for countless hours I decided to go with this one. Just placed my order. Just need recommendations on what to get as soon as it arrives.

Lol that's a fact, I was just wondering honestly because I really wanted to get the 6s blx but after reviewing YouTube for countless hours I decided to go with this one. Just placed my order. Just need recommendations on what to get as soon as it arrives.
Probably best to get it, read up on what to do out of the box, but hold off changing anything much until you figure out what you don't like personally, then change that.

Probably best to get it, read up on what to do out of the box, but hold off changing anything much until you figure out what you don't like personally, then change that.
Thanks for that suggestion, YouTube got me going crazy lol. I see people tweaking the punch etc, stuff that I have no idea about.

I'd start off with a 2s and 3s lipo, a good dual lipo charger, a good set of hex tools and tire wrench (with 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, and 3.0mm).

Go over the truck before you run it, make sure all nuts and screws are snug and that it's properly aligned. that's about it.. run it

I'd start off with a 2s and 3s lipo, a good dual lipo charger, a good set of hex tools and tire wrench (with 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, and 3.0mm).

Go over the truck before you run it, make sure all nuts and screws are snug and that it's properly aligned. that's about it.. run it
Hey thanks a lot for this information. There is so many battery chargers out there it's kind of overwhelming. If you have any suggestions I'd definitely appreciate it. I've already been reading up on the tools and I've seen people suggesting mip tools.

There are a few threads recommending batteries and charger, start with them.

But as a general rule - spend more money than you want to on a charger. Really. Get the extra power, and extra channels. If you stay in the hobby, you will thank yourself down the road, and if you don't, a good charger is easy to sell. Get at least 2 channels, with at least 100w per channel (200w per channel is better).

Welcome to the Forum!
Jerry

One other thing - you seem to be posting about the 3s Senton 4x4 BLX. This forum is for the 6s Senton BLX. Crazy, but the 3s and 6s versions of the Senton are 100% different. The ONLY part that is the same between the 3s and 6s is the body. Yes, the Arrma naming is confusing...

Here is the forum for the 4x4 trucks-
https://www.arrmaforum.com/forums/arrma-mega-4x4/
You will get better help over here for your truck. Posting here in the 6s sub forum, people may give you answers that only work for the 6s truck...

One other thing - you seem to be posting about the 3s Senton 4x4 BLX. This forum is for the 6s Senton BLX. Crazy, but the 3s and 6s versions of the Senton are 100% different. The ONLY part that is the same between the 3s and 6s is the body. Yes, the Arrma naming is confusing...

Here is the forum for the 4x4 trucks-
https://www.arrmaforum.com/forums/arrma-mega-4x4/
You will get better help over here for your truck. Posting here in the 6s sub forum, people may give you answers that only work for the 6s truck...
Ok thanks

Hey thanks a lot for this information. There is so many battery chargers out there it's kind of overwhelming. If you have any suggestions I'd definitely appreciate it. I've already been reading up on the tools and I've seen people suggesting mip tools.

I'd recommend the hitec x2 plus black edition. it's a dual charger packed full of features. I'm not gonna go into details with it but it's pretty awesome you should read up on it.

yeah I've heard good things about mip. they're expensive tho. I have been very satisfied with my set of protek trutorque that I picked up at the local hobby store. I am constantly using that set on 10 different rcs and have yet to round a tip or strip a screw (make sure tool seats fully into screws). I would definitely recommend the protek set as an alternative to mip

I'd recommend the hitec x2 plus black edition. it's a dual charger packed full of features. I'm not gonna go into details with it but it's pretty awesome you should read up on it.

yeah I've heard good things about mip. they're expensive tho. I have been very satisfied with my set of protek trutorque that I picked up at the local hobby store. I am constantly using that set on 10 different rcs and have yet to round a tip or strip a screw (make sure tool seats fully into screws). I would definitely recommend the protek set as an alternative to mip
Ok I appreciate that information bud! Will do.

Hi Brew,
A good multi-charger is good point… Don't regret my Hitech choice. My son is able to use it, (with my supervision);
IMG_1509dd (2).jpg

Talking of tool, a 2,0 and a 2,5 mm ball hex could be useful too.
And finally, about the speed... Well, If you go at the local track, a 3s with a good driving will be enough… From our experiences, a 4s battery is too fast for our local carpet SCTE track. 3s power is good enough for camel jumps; picture is not very good from video … :( our 6s truck running in 3s);
MVI_1432_Moment(7).jpg

Just my opinion… I am still a newbie here. :)
Welcome!
PL

Hi Brew,
A good multi-charger is good point… Don't regret my Hitech choice. My son is able to use it, (with my supervision);
View attachment 25371
Talking of tool, a 2,0 and a 2,5 mm ball hex could be useful too.
And finally, about the speed... Well, If you go at the local track, a 3s with a good driving will be enough… From our experiences, a 4s battery is too fast for our local carpet SCTE track. 3s power is good enough for camel jumps; picture is not very good from video … :( our 6s truck running in 3s);
View attachment 25370
Just my opinion… I am still a newbie here. :)
Welcome!
PL
Wow thank you so much for taking the time out to post this man. Your the second person that suggested this charger, I was so eager that I purchased one from the local shop in town just to have something to charge my 2s battery. I will be getting one of these soon!

Talking of first upgrade, the servo could be a good one;

1- ADS-7 (7 kg): is the 3s stock servo and my son did only 2 weeks at the local track. I swap for the 6s 15 kg in his Mega last august and he's still alive.

2- Hitec HS 646 WP (11,6 kg); in my daughter Mega since last may. Pretty good, solid and Hitec has a good reputation. But 24T. Need SS adaptor or machined a plastic arm, lift with little bolts and trim the sides.

3- Power HD from China (20 kg); In my 6s since last august and I am still impress by the performance and the price (40$CAN, shipping included). Fits perfectly on Mega chassis.

IMG_1510.JPG

But right now, we are riding in the tough snow with the 6s... So, I want to check the Power HD waterproof/resistance before saying "it's the best one".

PL

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back