Kraton Can a motor upgrade be done with the stock firma esc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes. I don't have this car, so don't know the specifics for application. I just understand the overall ideas with my recent 2S and 4S arrma builds. What you've mentioned though furthers my suggestion that for the OP to achieve better cooling, to reduce kv with the same motor size and add a fan.
What I'm saying is he can't because that motor doesn't exist? 🤷

And fan is good idea 👍

The higher the timing the faster it goes, but at the expense of much more heat. Arrma 6s motors are timed very high out of the box. If you reduce the timing to about half what they have dialed in they run cooler and some say much more reliably. And the reduction of performance really isn’t that noticeable (at least it wasn’t for me) especially on 6s. They come timed at something like 22-23° and there is an ESC setting for roughly half that, which is what I chose IIRC.

The higher the timing the faster it goes, but at the expense of much more heat. Arrma 6s motors are timed very high out of the box. If you reduce the timing to about half what they have dialed in they run cooler and some say much more reliably. And the reduction of performance really isn’t that noticeable (at least it wasn’t for me) especially on 6s. They come timed at something like 22-23° and there is an ESC setting for roughly half that, which is what I chose IIRC.
Ohh ok i didn't know that, I'll have to remember that for the Kraton I'm getting soon. It's got a max8 combo in it, gonna see how temps are and reduce timing if it's getting hot!

Ohh ok i didn't know that, I'll have to remember that for the Kraton I'm getting soon. It's got a max8 combo in it, gonna see how temps are and reduce timing if it's getting hot!
That can/will help but doesn’t replace the need for fans. Your rig will run so much cooler with even a cheap dual fan setup for your motor.

That can/will help but doesn’t replace the need for fans. Your rig will run so much cooler with even a cheap dual fan setup for your motor.
I have some fans here, wonder if a heatsink is also needed or if i can just 3d print a mount for them?

Alright thanks, 3d printed mounts should work then 👍
They might, but I’d be careful of covering too much of the motor with any kind of composite. It could actually act as an insulator instead of a heat sink (metal) and raise motor temps. Maybe I’m overthinking this, but it might be something to ponder.

They might, but I’d be careful of covering too much of the motor with any kind of composite. It could actually act as an insulator instead of a heat sink (metal) and raise motor temps. Maybe I’m overthinking this, but it might be something to ponder.
I'll just test it and see if the motor stays cooler. I can always still buy the metal mount if it's not sufficient

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back