Notorious Can accelerating too har be bad?

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
I recently fixed my front diff it was clicking( gears were stripped. And was wanting to try some standing backflips but need to turn the punch to 9, and obviously to do a standing backflip you need to pin the throttle. So my question is will punching the throttle( going 100 percent throttle) from a full stop ruin my gears or be bad at all?

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
If the diffs are not shimmed properly they can cause the diffs to strip again and doing it continuously can cause the gears to wear faster than they would under normal use.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
You can think of a 1988 fox body mustang 5.0L that has been beaten to hell by a young man all its life..... Compare that against grandma driving it under 40 mph to bingo and church on Sunday.

I'd rather be the young man that enjoys the car to its limits. You just have to know that it is going to cause the occasional broken part.

In general, the worst thing for diffs.... is sudden impacts. Big air jumps landing on the throttle is one known killer of diffs over time.

ross_jsy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
With punch at level 9 I was swapping diff parts out like battery packs lol

You also don't need it to do a standing backflip. When my Outcast had the standard motor, it would comfortably click them out no sweat on punch 4 or 5. The secret is ear plug your centre diff and don't do it from a standstill, have the car rolling forward at less than walking pace then gun it.

But yes it increases diff wear. The novelty wears off quick enough luckily

Johnny b

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
You can think of a 1988 fox body mustang 5.0L that has been beaten to hell by a young man all its life..... Compare that against grandma driving it under 40 mph to bingo and church on Sunday.

I'd rather be the young man that enjoys the car to its limits.
Being my age and all, I can see the grandma being harder on the mustang than the young man, esp. If she's 103 and had her license revoked 20 years ago.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Being my age and all, I can see the grandma being harder on the mustang than the young man, esp. If she's 103 and had her license revoked 20 years ago.
Yeah, we had to take my wife's grandma's car away. She was running over curbs because she could barely see over the wheel/dash anymore. It was pretty bad....

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
I love doing standing backflips and I've yet to ever run into a single diff problem from doing them. Maybe I'm lucky? I don't know but the one thing I will say is you should try extremely hard not to land on throttle. Be it standing backflips or going for big air. I think as long as you avoid doing that you will be fine. You want your flips to be smooth and not wild and violent.

Sorta like this! The wifey doing backflips with her notorious and incorporating the rolling method that @ross_jsy mentioned.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Typhon 3s

I'd rather be the young man that enjoys the car to its limits. You just have to know that it is going to cause the occasional broken part.

In general, the worst thing for diffs.... is sudden impacts. Big air jumps landing on the throttle is one known killer of diffs over time.

And then you have to ask yourself how many times the torque boxes have been ripped out of the floor...🤣🤣🤣..

Sorry, I had to..🤣🤣🤣

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Vendetta
Yeah, we had to take my wife's grandma's car away. She was running over curbs because she could barely see over the wheel/dash anymore. It was pretty bad....

At that point.. You GOT to do it.
Not just for their safety but for anybody else on public roads.

We tried to do that for my dad also.. He refused to listen. He was SO stubborn.
Eventually he totalled the car ,less than half a block from their house. Jumped a curb and hit some bushes and struck a fence.

King blitz

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
I recently fixed my front diff it was clicking( gears were stripped. And was wanting to try some standing backflips but need to turn the punch to 9, and obviously to do a standing backflip you need to pin the throttle. So my question is will punching the throttle( going 100 percent throttle) from a full stop ruin my gears or be bad at all?
I would imagine it's not a good idea.unless your wallet doesn't mind🤟😁
Did someone mention a mustang? Here is mine .but never beat on her ..she's waxed 🤣and relaxed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-11-01-56-32.png
    Screenshot_2020-07-11-01-56-32.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

King blitz

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
At that point.. You GOT to do it.
Not just for their safety but for anybody else on public roads.

We tried to do that for my dad also.. He refused to listen. He was SO stubborn.
Eventually he totalled the car ,less than half a block from their house. Jumped a curb and hit some bushes and struck a fence.
I hope your dad was ok .

Johnny b

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I would imagine it's not a good idea.unless your wallet doesn't mind🤟😁

Did someone mention a mustang? Here is mine .but never beat on her ..she's waxed 🤣and relaxed
She's a beauty indeed! Btw...that grandma in the drivers seat?
I hope your dad was ok .
In all seriousness, its the hardest thing an elderly person has to do, is give up there car, there independence. Hope your dad was ok also.

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Vendetta
I hope your dad was ok .

In all seriousness, its the hardest thing an elderly person has to do, is give up there car, there independence. Hope your dad was ok also.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, my dad passed away (last year). Not from that car wreck. Not from CCPvirus or any other sickness.
He was so hardheaded of a man and decided to sneak out one weekend to go fishing -like super early in the morning- without letting anybody know.
Mom didn't realize he left the house until a couple of hours later ,after the sun came up...
She looked all over the house/property and drove around their neighborhood. Eventually she txted us that dad was missing..

By the time I got to their house, it was too late.

King blitz

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
I'm sorry to hear about your dad.im glad that you had a chance to know your dad and share memories with him .be thankful for that..I myself never really knew what it's like to have one..I was 4 years old when my dad passed away .he was 28.he passed away from a blood cancer luqemia.don't think I spelled it right sorry .but yeah allways wished I could have done the things that father's and sons do .that's probably why I had my first son when I was 18 so I could know what's it's like for that father and son bond.not a day goes by that I don't spend as much time as I can with both my son's .life is to short.👍

RedOctobyr

Reaction score
I love doing standing backflips and I've yet to ever run into a single diff problem from doing them. Maybe I'm lucky? I don't know but the one thing I will say is you should try extremely hard not to land on throttle. Be it standing backflips or going for big air. I think as long as you avoid doing that you will be fine. You want your flips to be smooth and not wild and violent.

Sorta like this! The wifey doing backflips with her notorious and incorporating the rolling method that @ross_jsy mentioned.

Nice, that looks like a blast! I don't think mine could do that, I'd probably need to remove the rear wing to even have a chance.

King blitz

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
@Johnny b unfortunately no grandma in the front seat lol.when my dad passed away her and my grandfather left me and my mom and brother all by our selves here in the states and they went back to portugal.but if she was here I would have givin her a ride for her life in my stang.she would have pissed her pants 🤣🤣🤣🤣
She's a beauty indeed! Btw...that grandma in the drivers seat?

I also think another hard thing for elderly is that their children get older and they move and they start to feel lonely.things change when your kids move out.im still young and I have awhile before mine move out .but I'll tell ya I will miss even the things that piss me off like picking up the clothes on the bathroom floor when they shower lol.my wife won't miss that she hates it more than I do .I don't mind because when the birds fly out of the nest then all those things will be missed.

Last edited:

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Nice, that looks like a blast! I don't think mine could do that, I'd probably need to remove the rear wing to even have a chance.
You totally can! Even with stock electronics you can do it 😎 👍