Outcast Can anyone compare the new 4s v2 to the Sketer yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Project_Revenant

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Hey guys I have the Outcast 6s exb, Kraton 8s, Granite 3s, and a senton 3s and have a deep love for Arrma. But earlier this year I was looking for a 4s truck and I found the Team Corally Sketer. It is hands down my favorite truck for around the yard and general bashing in smaller areas. My question is this…. I have been eyeing this new v2 4s line from Arrma but I’m wondering if I will be disappointed? IMO Team Corally knocked it outta the park with that Sketer for its size, drive train and durability. This new Arrma truck is close to the same price and still uses a slipper? Those that have driven the new Arrma 4s line and the Sketer, In your opinion does it seem worth it to get the Arrma or is the sketer just a better bang for the buck?

No one but youtubers have driven the truck so far. It doesn't officially release until the 22nd. I bet the arrma 4s trucks drive better but probably aren't as durable. I heard the sketer likes to roll over a lot with it's narrow arms. It does seem like the arrma 4s trucks are pretty durable though, at least going by whats avail on youtbe

New v2 4s’s look pretty beefy.

I have a skeeter, I’ve broken it 2 times and haven’t gotten a full pack out of it yet. It sits broken on the shelf.

I don’t plan on buying a v2 4s .. not in my budget or shelf space 🤣😂 but they do look pretty cool!

I just have enough 6s units to slap a pack in a rip that it’s really not needed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Parts availability is the issue I keep reading about with Team Corally rigs. So that might be of big consideration for you. Also I believe the Corally has an aluminum chassis and center diff, vs the arrma 4s‘s have plastic chassis, and slipper clutch. So you may like going to the 6s and running on 4s batteries until you might want to increase to 6s

Too early to tell I think.. here in the US, we can't get either of them. Arrma hasn't released yet and Sketer is AWOL..as is the 22 XTR. Shame, TC is losing sales for sure. There's no stock of either TC rig in the US atm..parts are limited as well. Sure, they're available, but not as easily found as Arrma.
Seems to me like the Sketer needs to be widened a bit to really be enjoyable. I don't know what the actual weights of the 2 rigs are, but betting the Sketer is a fair bit heavier. If the Arrma proves durable, I would choose it over the Sketer myself.

All the YouTubers hype up the Arrma 4s v2's, but they still have the same big problems as the originals - weak servo saver, slipper clutch bound to come loose, weak slipper hubs as well as internal diff gears. I will say my jaw dropped when I saw AMain Hobbies do standing backflips with their OC4s v2...I have both the Kraton and OC 4S v1's and could never do a standing backflip. If I did I'd definitely break a diff or slipper hub for sure. I can see them holding up to serious bashing for the first few runs, but long term I'm skeptical. The Sketer is for sure better drivetrain and servo saver wise, I'm not a fan of the narrow stance or the appearance of the car. Arrma killed it in that category for sure though.

I too don't like the looks or narrow stance of the Skeeter, throw in the fact they're scarce along with parts availability. We waited a long time for the Arrma 4S trucks but still with a slipper clutch don't think I'll be interested in it either. Guess time will tell how they hold up. After all that waiting I just reluctantly paid the ransom to the evil empire for a Maxx V2.

I too don't like the looks or narrow stance of the Skeeter, throw in the fact they're scarce along with parts availability. We waited a long time for the Arrma 4S trucks but still with a slipper clutch don't think I'll be interested in it either. Guess time will tell how they hold up. After all that waiting I just reluctantly paid the ransom to the evil empire for a Maxx V2.
Totally agree! The Sketer is likely the best all around but basically unavailable here in the US. Arrma 4s looks promising but still largely unkown durability wise.. the biggest hang up with the Maxx for me is the price. At least you know what you got in terms of durability, and parts support for probably the next 20 years!!🤣🤣
Congrats, and enjoy👍🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back