Typhon Can barely express how happy I am…😃

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kusher Told me about this place a while back, which is why I originally went there. He lives out in Fredericksburg but still makes the drive to hit this shop.

He is the one that originally gave me a 3s ESC to help convert my granite many months ago…which got me totally obsessed with this hobby. So I took his referral seriously. I’m glad I did, the shop is great!
@Kusher is a real good dude. He helped me out too. Sent me a ESC mount that he had as an extra that was 3d printed for the Firma150 to fit in my Big Rock. He didn't want no money for it and didn't even ask for shipping cost, but I couldn't do things that way. I sent him some cash anyway to show my appreciation.

That's one of the best things about this forum. I've met a lot of great people, and @Kusher is no exception. He is one of the best. Great guy!

Nice shop. I love San Antoine, really Texas in general. Went to school in Houston and deer hunted in the Hill Country for years, beautiful place.

I pulled the trigger on a 3s typhon and man, am I happy! I would like to thank Jorge, the owner of Alamo city Hobby here in San Antonio. I bought my big rock from them awhile back so decided to try again (instead of Amazon like I usually do).

He gave me a small discount off my purchase (also got a set of MT badlands for the granite) and took his time answering all of my questions. This Hobby shop does not meet any of the negative aspects I’m always hearing about hobby shops. The owner dealt with me direct, was easy-going and extremely helpful. If you live in or around San Antonio I strongly suggest this shop. Their prices are the same that I have found everywhere online, and being treated with patience and respect was very nice.

I can’t wait to get home and unbox this beastie! I have wanted one for some sometime now. Any concerns, hesitations and nervousness I had before are totally gone. Dang I am happy! I will definitely be bringing my RC needs to this shop from now on.

View attachment 170344

View attachment 170345

View attachment 170346

View attachment 170347

View attachment 170348
Nice to see you made up your mind. You're gonna love the Typhon. Handles great and flies real nice.

Nice shop. I love San Antoine, really Texas in general. Went to school in Houston and deer hunted in the Hill Country for years, beautiful place.
I grew up in Houston…didn’t really like it at all. I’d never left Texas when young, so on my 22nd bday in 1992 I split. Drove with a buddy in a zig zag for 3 months up the west coast into Canada, where he wrecked the car in the mountains outside Vancouver, almost killing us.

So we hitchhiked the ALCan highway to Alaska. Took about 6 weeks. He then went home back to college while I hitched all over AK for another year. I got hurt bad (ripped my shoulder out working construction) and was sent to San Jose, California for several surgeries. I loved the area, got married and stayed there for 20 years.

I’ve never been back to Houston. My family relocated to north San Antonio (edge of the hill country) so when my life fell apart I came home to Texas in 2012. I’ve come to really love it here.

Below is in Arizona, ‘92. I’ve carried a camera with me most of my life so have some cool and interesting pictures to remind me of the person I was back then and what I’ve become over the years.

B9B65E4A-A001-4BC8-913D-B979EB5FE683.jpeg

That’s the only one I’ve ever been in. The owner was so cool I’ll take most of my Amazon business to him. Prices are the same and it’s so close to work.

Well…what is it you got??

While at the shop I fell for the team associated MT10. That will be next. A 6lb MT with center diff that is tough as hell. Yeah, I want it. Next year. Or month 🤤

Yes he did! Bottles and bottles of diff and shock oil, several different brands also. I think I saw TA brand in there…just was so much to look at it was difficult to zero in on any one thing. Except for the TA MT10. It was like love at first sight 🥰
Great, buying a rig at a LHS is one thing. Having a LHS that can support ALL your needs is most important. Right down to the most inocuous but much needed items, is paramount.(y)(y)
Not being able to source a simple thing like the correct diff oils that you want can be so frustrating to me.

@Kusher is a real good dude. He helped me out too. Sent me a ESC mount that he had as an extra that was 3d printed for the Firma150 to fit in my Big Rock. He didn't want no money for it and didn't even ask for shipping cost, but I couldn't do things that way. I sent him some cash anyway to show my appreciation.

That's one of the best things about this forum. I've met a lot of great people, and @Kusher is no exception. He is one of the best. Great guy!
Well that means a lot guys! I've had a lot of help from everyone on the forum as well, one of the best communities I've been apart of. Has helped my not only find great friends but kick some bad habits and turn my life around. I know everyone would have done the same for me and I was glad to help out. I've had my help and like to return it if at all possible. I'm a big believer in karma and like I said you guys are fam! And that shop is bada$$ lol where I got my noto from the owner George has always been super helpful.
You must have better eyes than me, I don't see any Arrmas, I see Traxxas, Axial, Losi, Ecx and HPI.
They are on the wall by the tires lol around the middle island haha. Only know cause I've been a few times myself lol

I grew up in Houston…didn’t really like it at all. I’d never left Texas when young, so on my 22nd bday in 1992 I split. Drove with a buddy in a zig zag for 3 months up the west coast into Canada, where he wrecked the car in the mountains outside Vancouver, almost killing us.

So we hitchhiked the ALCan highway to Alaska. Took about 6 weeks. He then went home back to college while I hitched all over AK for another year. I got hurt bad (ripped my shoulder out working construction) and was sent to San Jose, California for several surgeries. I loved the area, got married and stayed there for 20 years.

I’ve never been back to Houston. My family relocated to north San Antonio (edge of the hill country) so when my life fell apart I came home to Texas in 2012. I’ve come to really love it here.

Below is in Arizona, ‘92. I’ve carried a camera with me most of my life so have some cool and interesting pictures to remind me of the person I was back then and what I’ve become over the years.

View attachment 170425
Nice picture, but til about 4 years ago my hair was longer. Hair was 3 inches from my waist when I finally cut it. It was a traumatizing experience. Lol
Well that means a lot guys! I've had a lot of help from everyone on the forum as well, one of the best communities I've been apart of. Has helped my not only find great friends but kick some bad habits and turn my life around. I know everyone would have done the same for me and I was glad to help out. I've had my help and like to return it if at all possible. I'm a big believer in karma and like I said you guys are fam! And that shop is bada$$ lol where I got my noto from the owner George has always been super helpful.

They are on the wall by the tires lol around the middle island haha. Only know cause I've been a few times myself lol
Hey man, you really are a great guy. I really appreciate what you did for me.

View attachment 170425
Are you sure you're not Kurt Cobain! 🤘🤘

Are you sure you're not Kurt Cobain! 🤘🤘
BaaaHaHaHa! I hated hearing that then but just cracked me up now…I like grunge but was more metal head (old and new) when young.

Same here. Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden.....
Metallica. Cliff Burton days not any other no way. Thrash and skate punk also, anthrax, corrosion of conformity, suicidal tendencies etc I loved the mosh pit 😈
And Black Sabbath hell yeah. Ozzy days of course.

Metallica. Cliff Burton days not any other no way. Thrash and skate punk also, anthrax, corrosion of conformity, suicidal tendencies etc I loved the mosh pit 😈
And Black Sabbath hell yeah. Ozzy days of course.
Yep! Anthrax, Suicidal, Pantera, Testament, Ozzy of course. Then some off the wall bands like GWAR, Scatterbrain, Prong. Just love it, and still do. Always been a metalhead.
I'll have to find a picture of me with long hair to show you.

Yep! Anthrax, Suicidal, Pantera, Testament, Ozzy of course. Then some off the wall bands like GWAR, Scatterbrain, Prong. Just love it, and still do. Always been a metalhead.
I'll have to find a picture of me with long hair to show you.
I only had it from 16-24. Once I got my real estate license in CA I cut it. Then I got heavy into mountain biking and kept it real short, it was hot and my helmet fit better.
Now I keep it scruffy and go months between cuts…because I can. My beards gone gray but hair is still the same medium blonde, like my grandmothers was into her late 60s 🙃

I only had it from 16-24. Once I got my real estate license in CA I cut it. Then I got heavy into mountain biking and kept it real short, it was hot and my helmet fit better.
Now I keep it scruffy and go months between cuts…because I can. My beards gone gray but hair is still the same medium blonde, like my grandmothers was into her late 60s 🙃
Mine is now shaved like a military hair cut. Went from one extreme to the other.

Mine is now shaved like a military hair cut. Went from one extreme to the other.
That’s how it kinda works I’ve noticed…one extreme to another. Middle ground is difficult to maintain🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back