Big Rock Can Batt+ on receiver be used for a motor fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firelancer

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my Big Rock v2 with a new radio and receiver. Went with the SR215 rx and Dx4C tx. I'm slowly moving to the V3 parts so next on my list is a motor fan. Can it be ran from the batt+ on a receiver? If not any suggestions other than just going to another receiver? Can I Y off the esc fan to connect the motor fan as well?

I upgraded my Big Rock v2 with a new radio and receiver. Went with the SR215 rx and Dx4C tx. I'm slowly moving to the V3 parts so next on my list is a motor fan. Can it be ran from the batt+ on a receiver? If not any suggestions other than just going to another receiver? Can I Y off the esc fan to connect the motor fan as well?
stock it is run by the reciever. I have a fan and an electronic switch with my Dumbo so I can turn on and off my light/motor fan!
You might also need this, but this one is small. Get a bigger on if needed
1608666069551.png

stock it is run by the reciever. I have a fan and an electronic switch with my Dumbo so I can turn on and off my light/motor fan!
Unfortunately the SR215 is a 2 channel rx. At the time didn't think I would be adding anything to it. Can't seem to find any info anywhere as to whether a fan can be ran from the Batt port on a receiver though.

I ordered the fan that goes with the V3, it comes with an extension cable. I guess i'll just wait till it comes in, plug it into the batt port on the receiver and see if it powers it up or not. If not I do have a DSM2 receiver that I can use with my DX4C worst case scenario, just wanted to stay with DSMR. It's a DSM2 chinese knockoff from amazon but worked even with upgraded firmware on the DX4C and it is a 3 channel. i'll take cooler temps over slightly lower response times. I'll update when it comes it to let people know since I can't seem to find an answer to this.

I ordered the fan that goes with the V3, it comes with an extension cable. I guess i'll just wait till it comes in, plug it into the batt port on the receiver and see if it powers it up or not. If not I do have a DSM2 receiver that I can use with my DX4C worst case scenario, just wanted to stay with DSMR. It's a DSM2 chinese knockoff from amazon but worked even with upgraded firmware on the DX4C and it is a 3 channel. i'll take cooler temps over slightly lower response times. I'll update when it comes it to let people know since I can't seem to find an answer to this.
Well, that's good! I just got a dumbo because I have watched to many Kevin Talbot videos of him RANTING about how good it is :ROFLMAO:

Well, that's good! I just got a dumbo because I have watched to many Kevin Talbot videos of him RANTING about how good it is :ROFLMAO:
Man if its wasn't for his channel we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. My interest in RC dwindled when my love for computers sparked. My uncles are the reason for the duality. My uncle was and still is a big RC fan, his collection is major drool factory. While my other uncle was/is a PC gamer/IT. When I was younger me and him would go race our RC's at the park, and my other uncle would come over and setup a lan for us to all play Duke Nukem 3d, Quake and the like. Somewhere along the way I forgot about RC's and happened to stumble on his channel one day 20 years later lol. Saw what brushless could do and the rest is history. My son and daughters all have RC's now. After my RC uncle found out I had gained interested in it after I frankensteined a Carrera Fibre Monster($30 at kohls on sale, still can't believe it), which is basically an exact copy or previous version of the wltoys A979, with a new hobbywing esc, flysky RX, and TX and new servo after my son ran it through some water with stock electronics and fried it, sent us a Traxxas 4x4 Stampede, and Rustler for my kids and I got me a Arrma Big Rock. Now we all go out in the yard and slap a piece of board on a block and have a blast. Still have the Carrera Fibre Monster and have replaced parts using A979 parts. It's the inside basher for when weather is bad. I have track plans for the back yard, just haven't had the weather to rent a skid steer and get to work yet. Its getting out of hand...quickly. We need a shed just for the RC's at this point my wife proclaims! lol

Man if its wasn't for his channel we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. My interest in RC dwindled when my love for computers sparked. My uncles are the reason for the duality. My uncle was and still is a big RC fan, his collection is major drool factory. While my other uncle was/is a PC gamer/IT. When I was younger me and him would go race our RC's at the park, and my other uncle would come over and setup a lan for us to all play Duke Nukem 3d, Quake and the like. Somewhere along the way I forgot about RC's and happened to stumble on his channel one day 20 years later lol. Saw what brushless could do and the rest is history. My son and daughters all have RC's now. After my RC uncle found out I had gained interested in it after I frankensteined a Carrera Fibre Monster($30 at kohls on sale, still can't believe it), which is basically an exact copy or previous version of the wltoys A979, with a new hobbywing esc, flysky RX, and TX and new servo after my son ran it through some water with stock electronics and fried it, sent us a Traxxas 4x4 Stampede, and Rustler for my kids and I got me a Arrma Big Rock. Now we all go out in the yard and slap a piece of board on a block and have a blast. Still have the Carrera Fibre Monster and have replaced parts using A979 parts. It's the inside basher for when weather is bad. I have track plans for the back yard, just haven't had the weather to rent a skid steer and get to work yet. Its getting out of hand...quickly. We need a shed just for the RC's at this point my wife proclaims! lol
Well, that is 1 way to get back into the hobby!

Got my motor fan today, can confirm running it from Batt on receiver works. Will update if its causes any issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back