Can BLX Granite drive in 4 in of snow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elijahapp

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I just want to know if my blx can go through about 4 in of snow because its super snowy here now an I don't have anywhere to drive it

That depends on the snow. Four inches of fluff shouldn't be a problem but heavy or icy snow might give you fits. There is a very fun way to find out! Bash lightly, Arrma plastic gets a bit brittle in the cold.

The BLX is waterproof to some extent. So you could try it.
But I doubt if you can get the power on the ground with slippery snow. And indeed all plastics become brittle at lower temperatures.
Good luck, and shoots some pictures ;)

Paddle tires and WOT?

My thoughts exactly! I have all the parts sitting here on my bench to effectively turn my granite into a snowmobile but I am missing one thing.

SNOW! IN MICHIGAN!! IN THE MIDDLE OF FREEKING JANUARY!!! :mad:

IMG_3542.JPG

It's snowing here today in Pennsylvania but might not amount to much!

Yea I'm in Minnesota so we have plenty of snow. It really depends on what kind of snow your running in. Ive got sand paws on the rear and stock tires on the front and it does pretty well. Goes through powder fairly easily just have to keep momentum going if it gets too deep. Now the harder stuff sometimes the tires dig into and it get stuck, but I usually have no problem with it in the snow. Pretty solid for a 2wd

I just want to know if my blx can go through about 4 in of snow because its super snowy here now an I don't have anywhere to drive it
I drive my Granite BLX in snow all the time. I have a set of cheap wheels and tires with a hooked V-pattern and it will climb over hard snow or plow through soft fluff quite easily, as long as you have a very light throttle finger. It works with the base dBoots too, but really hard to get traction. Also, I highly recommend taking the body off and parking the chassis under a ceiling fan for a few hours when you are done to make sure everything is dry. If you don't have a ceiling fan, a hair dryer or compressed air works, but make sure you get all the small openings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back