Can BLX185 BEC be set to 7.4V?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starryalley

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Official website comparison between BLX185 and BLX180:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/power-comparison/BLX185/BLX180

Clearly BLX185 on newer ARRMA cars only have BEC output of 6.0V. Sadly the stock servo spec even only mentions the torque being [email protected].

I wonder is there any way I can set the BEC to 7.4V to get the most out of my servo? By the way my stock servo gear stripped. That could be due to stuck servo saver for unknown reason. Maybe I didn't clean it up?
I have only run it for 10 times.

I ordered a Hitec 7954SH and I want to get 7.4V out of BLX185. Is this possible? Is it true that ARRMA deliberately tunes down the output of BLX185 (both max amp and BEC) so it won't smoke like BLX180?

Your not going to get any higher of a voltage out of the blx185 unfortunately , it sucks that it is only outputting 6v now compared to the old one putting out more. I would say purchase a external bec , i happen to like the castle creations bec's .

I stripped servo gears as well on kraton after about 6 runs... easy fix 15 bux no big deal... as far as bec... can always swap to mm2 or mmx they have adjustable bec, the castle link works good to adjust lvc and other things... i have a mmx sitting on my bench gotta get connectors changed over to xt90... then probaly going in my kraton....

Yes, I will probably switch to using an CC BEC or either buy a new ESC with adjustable LVC and BEC. But I think I will live with 6V BEC on BLX185 for now since I see no issue on it. Thanks!

@Josh nortz after you fix the stock servo gears using the 15 bux replacement gear set, did you manage to check the servo saver? Was it also stuck so it failed to save the servo? Mine is stuck probably because I submerged my typhon at least 5 times and I did not disassemble the car to check at all. I only lub the wheel bearing and continue to run the next day. I also purchase that gear set so I will have a spare servo in case the gear strips again.

Yes, I will probably switch to using an CC BEC or either buy a new ESC with adjustable LVC and BEC. But I think I will live with 6V BEC on BLX185 for now since I see no issue on it. Thanks!

@Josh nortz after you fix the stock servo gears using the 15 bux replacement gear set, did you manage to check the servo saver? Was it also stuck so it failed to save the servo? Mine is stuck probably because I submerged my typhon at least 5 times and I did not disassemble the car to check at all. I only lub the wheel bearing and continue to run the next day. I also purchase that gear set so I will have a spare servo in case the gear strips again.
No i did not check thenservo saver... i will.do that now tho beacuse i have the front apart along with center and rear trying to figure out what was making noise... i found that the rear pinion was starting to round off and a couple teeth on the rear ring gear were rou,ding one was broken but not badly.... i have never had it apart so i took front oit too to compare pinion gears... i ordered a couple of each just incase. The front appears to be fine i need to find some shinms i huess and i have been running nero tires because i blew a srock one up. Back to badlands...

I installed Hitec 7954SH servo on my v2 typhon yesterday and I can hear some glitch. It doesn't seem to be much but I can hear the servo motor whining a little bit. No transmitter input. I wonder if this is normal? With the stock servo it's total silence so that's why I ask. No problem is seen using the servo itself just there are some glitch. A glitch buster is needed for BLX185?

For this digital servo on its official website it says max current draw is 2A. BLX185 says 6V with 3A max current. It should be enough, isn't it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back