Granite Can composite slipper nut be changed to metal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kani

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey. On our Granite the slipper nut is melted. Can I just use a metal nut instead? No parts available locally.

Also are these cracks on the slipper hub? There is four of em in same spot around it. Some weak spots in fabrication?

Attachments

• 72B850FC-DCAA-473E-A702-E28C7272CAAB.jpeg
    72B850FC-DCAA-473E-A702-E28C7272CAAB.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 173
  • D1A92981-19B1-4A98-9A8B-8666004DFDD9.jpeg
    D1A92981-19B1-4A98-9A8B-8666004DFDD9.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 91
It wasn't loose until it melted. Could have loosened it by itself while driving (??). Slipper was a bit tighter than stock.

Hey. On our Granite the slipper nut is melted. Can I just use a metal nut instead? No parts available locally.

Also are these cracks on the slipper hub? There is four of em in same spot around it. Some weak spots in fabrication?

I looked into it. First stop was my local big box store for some M8 locknuts, but the M8x1.25 that they had have threads much bigger than ours.

So a bit of googling later, found there are apparently three M8 threads - 1.25 (what I have), 1.0, and 0.75. Just from looking, I'd guess these are the 0.75. But as luck would have it, apparently no nylon lock nuts exist in that size. There are lock nuts in the 1.0 size. I emailed Arrma, and they had no clue, just said to buy replacement plastic nuts.

So I am still using the plastic nuts...

Cool, Thanks for doing research on this. I have been enjoying my holiday on friends cabin by the lake in the woods. Just in case ordered some composite arrma slip nuts and looks like it was a good idea!

Thanks for the research, I'll try to find these. I would use metal nuts with locktight. The blue locktight, not the red (permanent).

Yeah, and sadly it's still a problem which hasn't been resolved. Same thing happened to my brand new typhon. The question is still relevant and a problem with cars. The nylon nut doesn't last. Anywho, I'll start a new thread....

Look for the old (V2) slipper maintenance set AR310882. The slipper nut included had metal threads. Looks like Arrma is no longer selling it, but a quick search did show a listing on ebay.

FYI, the screw that comes with the old (V2) slipper set is shorter. The new slipper set has a longer screw in order to use the slipper nut. If you want to use the old V2 slipper nut, you'll want to use the longer screw that comes with the new V3 setup.

Look for the old (V2) slipper maintenance set AR310882. The slipper nut included had metal threads. Looks like Arrma is no longer selling it, but a quick search did show a listing on ebay.

FYI, the screw that comes with the old (V2) slipper set is shorter. The new slipper set has a longer screw in order to use the slipper nut. If you want to use the old V2 slipper nut, you'll want to use the longer screw that comes with the new V3 setup.
I have the mega version with the red slipper nut (m8), can I replace it with blx slipper v2 clutch maintenance kit? Or do I need both v2 and v3 kits? The brass nut in the v2 kit is only m2.5. I'm new to arrma.

I have the mega version with the red slipper nut (m8), can I replace it with blx slipper v2 clutch maintenance kit? Or do I need both v2 and v3 kits? The brass nut in the v2 kit is only m2.5. I'm new to arrma.
I'm sorry, my advice was if you have a 3s BLX model. I didn't realize this thread was for a Mega slipper.

Last edited:
For those interested (for all V3 mega models), the plastic red nylon slipper nut in above picture is not M8, but an odd size slightly bigger such as M8.5 or M9. I coudn't find an exact fit and M8+5/16" washers don't fit. Wanted to save everyone the trouble. Though you can buy M8 plastic washers and bore them out to fit if you want a plastic washer as a buffer to help protect the nut. If I find another solution, I'll post it.

Yeah, and sadly it's still a problem which hasn't been resolved. Same thing happened to my brand new typhon. The question is still relevant and a problem with cars. The nylon nut doesn't last. Anywho, I'll start a new thread....
Good answer Jsven008! Exactly! Because it's still a problem!
And Google is DATE BLIND and so will find any forum post from any date pertaining to the question asked at any time. And Arrmaforum keeps the post on server & live just for this reason: people will still use google to find the information they need and google will still point to a 4 year old post on Arrmaforum because its the best source for the answer.
So why don't people get this? Why do we STILL have people always jumping on other's trains and stating the obvious "this is an old post"?! I think we know why. Please, be nice, don't troll old posts just to tell people they are posting on an old post. MAYBE a good idea would be to find old posts that have NOT been answered and answer them! Then the community will have more information available helping us all as a group of RC enthusiasts! Understand this is STILL a problem and google will still bring peepz to this old post for answers. As it did me soo sooooo long after the post was made.....🤙

Back