Can gravel damage car paint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
My friend was doing donuts with is slash on gravel and me not liking gravel already decided to do it too i was like why not and well i kicked a few rocks on an car and i froze and got the rc out of the gravel my friend told me it will do nothing to the car paint because its not going fast enough i was 5-7meters or so from the car even if my friend is a mecanic i feel really terrible it was supposed to be a good day because i finally was able to go with my friend my only rc friend but he only has one eye he can see with. Im never going on gravel ever again, i should have know better i was doing donuts with grippy tires ?

It’ll put a mark in the clear coat that can most likely be buffed out but I doubt it would actually chip the paint, best bet is stay away from cars because people are crazy and you never know.

I don't expect anyone on this forum to tell you it's not a big deal to throw rocks at cars with RCs no matter the circumstances. It doesn't take much to chip paint.
I know. the recklessnes of my friend made me do things like that today i ususlay only go at 10kmh on gravel to no greate much dust no full donuts and making my front tire a razor blade
I need to find the owner of the white car but i have no idea because it was on the side of the public road

Always be mindful of where rocks will go. I run in my driveway and yard and there is tons of gravel. When I have the backend towards the house or driveway I don't go full out.

After awhile it just becomes habit

Always be mindful of where rocks will go. I run in my driveway and yard and there is tons of gravel. When I have the backend towards the house or driveway I don't go full out.

After awhile it just becomes habit
I ussualy always take security measures about everything but the rock flying that far slipped out of my head my friend was doing is donuts fine that influenced my decision

Last edited:
I ussualy always take security measures about everything but the rock flying that far slipped out of my head my friend was doing is donuts fine that influenced my decision

Try not to be influenced by others, bud! You know what's right and wrong. Do unto others is more than religion talk. It's just a simple matter of respect. These days we see more and more people that have little respect for the property or feelings of others and I know I don't want to be one of those guys.

Try not to be influenced by others, bud! You know what's right and wrong. Do unto others is more than religion talk. It's just a simple matter of respect. These days we see more and more people that have little respect for the property or feelings of others and I know I don't want to be one of those guys.
Yeah i know science says you are smart alone and people become stupid when they are in group and i saw this a lot who backs this statement you should get smarter in group but people do dumb thing when they are with people sometimes when they wont when they are alone otehrwise
I generally stay the same but i got dumb at that time by not thinking about the cars
My brother in the other hand gets inflenced by everyone and i get mad a lot i was once a teenanger i did not left anyone change who i am or my actions when i knew it was wrong thats why i got bullied in school because i was always in my little bubble and was seens as the "weak kid"

Yeah i know science says you are smart alone and people become stupid when they are in group and i saw this a lot who backs this statement you should get smarter in group but people do dumb thing when they are with people sometimes when they wont when they are alone otehrwise
I generally stay the same but i got dumb at that time by not thinking about the cars
My brother in the other hand gets inflenced by everyone and i get mad a lot i was once a teenanger i did not left anyone change who i am or my actions when i knew it was wrong thats why i got bullied in school because i was always in my little bubble and was seens as the "weak kid"
Try to be the guy that influences others positively than VS the guy that others influence negatively.

Last edited:
Of course it can chip the paint. If it was my car they'd be some ass wooping, don't tolerate that BS, gives RC a bad name.

Of course it can chip the paint. If it was my car they'd be some ass wooping, don't tolerate that BS, gives RC a bad name.
Yeah but the car was far away i had no intentions to cause any harm. It was a poopy accident that i could have prevented but i didnt it slipped out of my mind never knew the rock would go that far told my friend i feel like i made a legit crime but he just told me that i didnt do any damage to the car. Both cars need to go atleast at 70kmh for a rock to damage the paint idk what the equivalent is for an rc.

Yeah but the car was far away i had no intentions to cause any harm. It was a poopy accident that i could have prevented but i didnt it slipped out of my mind never knew the rock would go that far told my friend i feel like i made a legit crime but he just told me that i didnt do any damage to the car. Both cars need to go atleast at 70kmh for a rock to damage the paint idk what the equivalent is for an rc.
My comment was not directed at you, all I'm saying is I don't tolerate anyone marring the finish on my rides, been there more than once with kids throwing rocks hitting my vechicles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back