Can I do this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
The new ESC I got for my next build is 120A, coupled with a 120A peak motor 4S. The combo has been validated by plenty of people.

Can I power it using 2x2S batteries, 5000mah, 30C continuous discharge rate? I have a bunch lying around from 1/10 vehicles that I don't use anymore.

I don't see why not, the 30c is just enough i think

Kraton is 150A Esc with a minimum request of 30C

your under 150, should be fine

although I am not sure this setup would work the best in the Kraton if you want speed.

Not a Kraton, so I think it will be ok.
What truck is it?

I've overheated both my stock motor and esc in my outcast running 4S with too tall of gearing. The BLX185 is supposed to be 150A capable. Running pro-line trencher 3.8's and 15/50 gearing, it would shut down on me pretty regularly when running in short grass. I now run smaller/lighter tires and can't remember the gearing, it's either 15/50 or 16/50, but it seems to do well now on 4S.

Considering the general weight of the 1/8th trucks, 120A may be too little for them unless your geared very low.

The new ESC I got for my next build is 120A, coupled with a 120A peak motor 4S. The combo has been validated by plenty of people.

Can I power it using 2x2S batteries, 5000mah, 30C continuous discharge rate? I have a bunch lying around from 1/10 vehicles that I don't use anymore.

I'm pretty sure that 35c is the minimum that is recommended. But if I had a bunch of 30c laying around I'd try it. You never know what the c rating really is with all the BS from those that are assembling components and making wild claims about the ratings. Your motor, ESC and battery temps and/or poor performance from your rig or a cell that puffs should quickly warn you if you are suffering a current issue due to insufficient battery capability. I'd probably step in easy, just in case. No need for a bonfire.

Depends on the truck, motor, tires, gearing, other stuff, it is all in the pie...

Take the Sabertooth. It is a "proper" size 1/8 truggy, but it is built a bit light. It comes with a 100a ESC and a 3675 1850kv motor. Bump the pinion a few teeth over stock, and it has the speed and power to hang on a track no problem with that motor and ESC, and lots of folks have run it on 20C packs. Personally, I'd want more C, but it can be done on the cheaper packs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back