Can I dremel the motor mount?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsachevy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Question might sound stupid. But i was wounder whats the most i can cut to fit a bigger pinion gear. 28/46 barely fits.

In the area where the motor bolt to the mount. I want to run 30 plus pinion gear

Someone on the 1/8th fb group did it a while back, I asked him to post pics but he never did. Can't remember who it was.

Another guy said he was using this motor mount as an alternative. When I asked if anyone else had experience with it one guy said he did. Said it was fine for speed runs but won't hold up to bashing.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Duratrax-Motor-Mount-Aluminum-835E-DTXC8185-NIB-/331323489157?nav=SEARCH
Im look into it. Im also go to a machine shop to have center diff mount and motor mounts made to accept bigger gears. Im tired of the endless night tryin to find parts so im just going to make parts to replace the weak parts on the vehicles

Well i elongated the hole to fit a bigger pinion gear and it held up fine. No problem or flexing. Sorry bout the pix forgot to take them before putting back together.

1458528743797.jpg

1458529000989.jpg

Its geared 26/50 and here is a better pix without the fan wire blocking the bottom bolt.

1458529329313.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back