Can I enable a "steering rate" knob on my DX3 Transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pechcic

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

So I have an issue.

I like to speedrun with my Infraction, but the biggest problem is that at high speeds it's hard to control the car.

I know that theoretically it can automatically switch to the "low-steering-mode" at high speeds, but it's too unreliable for me and has caused me a couple of crashed in the past, becasue of me thinking that the said mode was active, while in reality it wasn't.

I have an SLT3 Transmitter from my Kraton and it has this 1st knob from the left which can do just what I want. If I turn it to the left steering is very limited, which is exactly what I'm looking for. If it wasn't for the range I would have most likely used it...

TL;DR: how do I enable "Steering Rate" on DX3? Is it even possible? If not, what are some alternatives that have good range and such knob/adjustment?

Thanks for all the help

ST rate should change dual rate, allowing you to change the steering end rates. Hypothetically, you could use steering trim to turn the car at high speeds. However, I do not recommend that because is could affect your steering the whole entire speedrun.

Hi all!

So I have an issue.

I like to speedrun with my Infraction, but the biggest problem is that at high speeds it's hard to control the car.

I know that theoretically it can automatically switch to the "low-steering-mode" at high speeds, but it's too unreliable for me and has caused me a couple of crashed in the past, becasue of me thinking that the said mode was active, while in reality it wasn't.

I have an SLT3 Transmitter from my Kraton and it has this 1st knob from the left which can do just what I want. If I turn it to the left steering is very limited, which is exactly what I'm looking for. If it wasn't for the range I would have most likely used it...

TL;DR: how do I enable "Steering Rate" on DX3? Is it even possible? If not, what are some alternatives that have good range and such knob/adjustment?

Thanks for all the help
The DX3 doesn't have dual rate (what I believe you're referring to as steering rate). What you can do, however, is limit your end points. I know this is an imperfect solution as it doesn't allow you to change it on the fly. This can make turning around on a road a bit cumbersome requiring a three point turn or something similar, depending on how wide the road is.

Here's a brief video on how to adjust steering end points on a DX3. It's also explained in the manual, but sometimes it's easier to watch someone else do it.

Hope this helps :)

The DX3 doesn't have dual rate (what I believe you're referring to as steering rate). What you can do, however, is limit your end points. I know this is an imperfect solution as it doesn't allow you to change it on the fly. This can make turning around on a road a bit cumbersome requiring a three point turn or something similar, depending on how wide the road is.

Here's a brief video on how to adjust steering end points on a DX3. It's also explained in the manual, but sometimes it's easier to watch someone else do it.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks! I apperciate the help!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back