Can I fix a faulty lipo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal.t

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
So I bought 2 CNHL 5200mah 11.1v 100c hard packs. I’ve used one of them for bashing only, used 5 times hard bashing. One of the cells in the 3s has completely died. Is it now a throw away or can it be fixed. Cheers

You cannot save the one cell, BUT you can repurpose the battery as a 2 cell. If you don’t mind working with a soldering iron, you can remove the one bad cell and make a 2 cell out of it and use it in another vehicle, or as a 5 cell battery setup in your current RC.

Otherwise, discharge the battery and dispose of it.

There are some tricks to get the bad cell up to min charging voltage, but generally once it's been low/dead it's internal resistance will be so high that you can only use the battery for low power applications.(not an RC car)
I also suggest to make it a 2S or dispose it.

As said above it is possible but also not easy to do. If you have no experience I'd suggest just calling it a loss and dispose of it after fully discharging it. Also I'd suggest getting ahold of CNHL as they have great customer service and may work something out with you if it is that new and purchased recently. There is a 30 day return policy for defects etc also.. Kevin at CNHL does customer service and is great I'd bet if he didn't replace it for you he would at the minimum give you a discount coupon for another pack. I'm sponsored by CNHL and can't say enough about how awesome they have been to me and more so Kevin which as I said deals with customer service. Here is his email so you can get ahold of him and see if you can work something out 👍🏼
[email protected]

Thank you very much everyone👍🤘
No problem man anything I can do to help I'm more than willing as that's what it's all about here on the forum. No fun being frustrated or not getting any help with issues for sure.

Do you have access to guns? If so I would recommend going about 100ft away from the battery and pull the trigger, if you want extra explosion get some tannerite.
starship troopers explosion GIF by Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars
Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

Do you have access to guns? If so I would recommend going about 100ft away from the battery and pull the trigger, if you want extra explosion get some tannerite.
starship troopers explosion GIF by Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars
Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity
I’m in the uk I don’t have a gun shotgun/rifle license. I do own airguns that would easily do the job. Maybe i could put it on a concrete block at the end of the garden😄👍

I’m in the uk I don’t have a gun shotgun/rifle license. I do own airguns that would easily do the job. Maybe i could put it on a concrete block at the end of the garden😄👍
just make a loop and plug it in and watch the show!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back