Talion Can I hit 100 with the blx 185 spooled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcAdam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I'm trying to push my V3 Talion to the 100 mph mark can I make that happen I have a em performance spool

What gearing are u running in the spool nice pass btw
37 pinion and 34 spur.
Original 10/43 diffs.
Nero BLX 75mm springs
500k rear diff fluid.
Futaba radio.
GRP S3 wheels/tires
All else is original out of the box.

-Liberty

Yeah, the blx 185 isn't a crazy 8th scale esc so once you try to pull serious amps from it, it will get hot and fall flat on its space at high speeds. However, I've seen it hit 100. Much more? No. I advise a heavy duty cap pack to compensate for the low end nature of that hobbywing 8BL150 (not hating, they're pretty reliable speed controls, just informing that they have their limits.)

don't take this wrong.
Arrma did say 80mph.

Anyways
Not for long time.

BLX 185 is only a standart beginner set up from cheap China stuff.
Rebranded Cheap Hobbywing system.

If you like do speed runs serious.
You don't use this Cheap Combo

So you're going to have a 37 on the motor and a 34 on the spool, right? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone gearing one up that high.

So you're going to have a 37 on the motor and a 34 on the spool, right? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone gearing one up that high.
This was something I already did. 96.1 mph with the Kraton (aerodynamic pig). Video is above in post #2
Not saying it is the ideal setup.... 35t or 34t could have netted a better speed. Just noting what I had done.

I set it up to have a peak speed around 127 knowing it wouldn't get to peak theoretical rpms, with an estimation of around 80% this put it at 101mph. Real world results was 96.1, which was very close to my calculations.

The Typhon differentials gear ratio would make this a 28t motor and 34t spur to calculate the same as my Kraton.

-Liberty

Last edited:
@RcAdam you should be able to get there or very near as mentioned above.

With my Typhon and all stock electrics I was in the 90's easily and broke 100 once but the BLX185 ESC was always holding it back so I had to change it. As soon as I did and put an MM2 ESC in it was easily cracking well over 100 with the stock motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back