Can I put rear shocks on the front on my Talion v3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadson26

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. Talion
Hows everyone today? I have 2 questions. I have a arrma talion v3 and was wondering if I could put the rear shocks on the front? Also for my last question whe. I push my shocks on the front down they don't wanna spring back up. What would cause that?

Both front shocks? Your shafts aren't bent are they? Usually a small kink in the shaft will stop it from decompressing. Otherwise it's binding up inside somewhere and you'll need to take them apart. There's a full exploded view of how they go together in your manual. if you don't have it anymore, you can find it online as well. Even if it is a bent shaft you might be able to disassemble and bang it back straight.

Seems odd both are doing it though.

Front and rear shocks on the talion are different lengths and aren't really interchangeable.

Both front shocks? Your shafts aren't bent are they? Usually a small kink in the shaft will stop it from decompressing. Otherwise it's binding up inside somewhere and you'll need to take them apart. There's a full exploded view of how they go together in your manual. if you don't have it anymore, you can find it online as well. Even if it is a bent shaft you might be able to disassemble and bang it back straight.

Seems odd both are doing it though.

Front and rear shocks on the talion are different lengths and aren't really interchangeable.
Ok. I'll have to check them out. I was thinking it would raise the front up some by putting the rear ones on the front. Like when it's compressed dow. It affects my steering. It doesn't wanna turn. When I lift it up just a little it turns just fine. I don't know. It's just weird.

Ok. I'll have to check them out. I was thinking it would raise the front up some by putting the rear ones on the front. Like when it's compressed dow. It affects my steering. It doesn't wanna turn. When I lift it up just a little it turns just fine. I don't know. It's just weird.
That sounds more like a pillow ball binding than a shock shaft. If the pillow ball retainers are too tight that can affect both the suspension not wanting to come back up and it not steering properly.

When you disconnect the shocks the a-arms move freely?
You're thinking the same thing I am aren't you?

That sounds more like a pillow ball binding than a shock shaft. If the pillow ball retainers are too tight that can affect both the suspension not wanting to come back up and it not steering properly.

You're thinking the same thing I am aren't you?
Ok. When I get home I'll check them out. Are they suppose to have washers between the pillow ball and the A-arm? I know mine don't.

Ok. When I get home I'll check them out. Are they suppose to have washers between the pillow ball and the A-arm? I know mine don't.
It depends on how you want your camber set. I run washers on some of my trucks and none on others.

It depends on how you want your camber set. I run washers on some of my trucks and none on others.
Ok. When I get home I'll check it out. Would I meed to use local tight to hold the pillow ball in after. unscrewing it a little if that ends up being the case?

no, stock the Talion comes with washer both on top and bottom (so you can remove the top one if you want more camber) but if you have none it's the same. Also loctite is only for metal-to-metal.

no, stock the Talion comes with washer both on top and bottom (so you can remove the top one if you want more camber) but if you have none it's the same. Also loctite is only for metal-to-metal.
What would be good to keep them in after you loosen them? I've lost the washers because my top one kept losing up.

Also, good chance that what is causing your binding (the shocks not to extend after you compress them) is that the hub nuts are too tight, which in turn can cause for the pillow balls to get loose - as it grubs them during the suspension and steering movements.

So first fix the binding, then if you still have the issue with the pillow balls, then yes, a new a-arms.

Here is a link to replacement spacers https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARRMA-Comp...lZHyuh:sc:USPSFirstClass!57701!US!-1&LH_BIN=1

And as @Yonic said if the hub nuts are too tight that will cause the pillow balls to loosen themselves.

How I test to make sure they are not too tight is remove the shocks and steering links, then slowly tighten the hub nuts 1 at a time until they start to bind the movement of the arms up and down or bind while going side to side. Then back them off until there is no binding. Make sure you move the suspension arms up and down as far as they go and turn the knuckles as far as they go in each direction, they should have a tiny bit of slop in them and I mean a tiny bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back