Infraction Can I run 8s with the Hobbywing 4985

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello arrma friends. I currently have the Hobbywing 4985 built into my infraction with the spectrum 160 ampere regulator that works up to 8s. According to the manufacturer, the motor should only work up to 6s but I read somewhere that it supposedly also works with 8s. Can someone tell me if this is correct?

Has anyone of you already operated this motor with 8s? Would be great if that works because then I could use 6s for normal driving and 8s for speedruns. Thank you for your efforts and answers in advance. Glg harry

I'd say yes you should be fine as the Spektrum 2050kv motor is a "up to 6s" motor but a lot of people have speed ran on 8s with it. What's the kv's? And also not sure how well the 160A will hold up to the amp draw speed running but you can give it a shot just have a light trigger finger and take a good long distance until your at full throttle. Also remember with speed runs there's quite a lot of voltage drop so the 33.6v of 8s during a speed run drop to about 28-29v sometimes more.

Ich würde sagen, ja, Sie sollten in Ordnung sein, da der Spektrum 2050kv-Motor ein "bis zu 6s" -Motor ist, aber viele Leute haben eine Geschwindigkeit von 8s damit. Was ist der KV? Und auch nicht sicher, wie gut der 160A die Laufgeschwindigkeit des Verstärkers aushält, aber Sie können es versuchen, indem Sie einfach einen leichten Abzugsfinger haben und eine gute lange Strecke zurücklegen, bis Sie Vollgas geben. Denken Sie auch daran, dass bei Geschwindigkeitsläufen ziemlich viel Spannungsabfall auftritt, sodass die 33,6 V von 8 Sekunden während eines Geschwindigkeitslaufs manchmal auf etwa 28 bis 29 V abfallen.
Hello the motor is a 1650kv.is this ok for 8s and the 160amp 8s Esc? Thanks for your help. Lg harry

1650kv in general is great for 8s.
You could still potentially over heat the motor during long run times. Generally gearing for speed runs should run 1 pass and check motor temps with an IR temp gun before making a 2nd pass.

Okay. Hört sich gut an. Mein Motor ist mit 3 Stück 40mm Raketenventilatoren sehr gut gekühlt. Können Sie mir sagen, wie warm der Motor außen gemessen werden kann, damit er noch in Ordnung ist? Ich will nicht überhitzen. Super schön, dass du mir hilfst. Vielen Dank. LG Harry
Okay. Hört sich gut an. Mein Motor ist mit 3 Stück 40mm Raketenventilatoren sehr gut gekühlt. Können Sie mir sagen, wie warm der Motor außen gemessen werden kann, damit er noch in Ordnung ist? Ich will nicht überhitzen. Super schön, dass du mir hilfst. Vielen Dank. LG Harry
Okay. Sounds good. My engine is very well cooled with 3 pieces of 40mm rocket fans. Could you tell me how warm the engine can be measured on the outside so that it is still OK? Don't want to overheat. Super nice that you help me. Thank you. LG harry

Okay. Sounds good. My engine is very well cooled with 3 pieces of 40mm rocket fans. Could you tell me how warm the engine can be measured on the outside so that it is still OK? Don't want to overheat. Super nice that you help me. Thank you. LG harry
Try to stay under 160° F even less ideally

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back