Vorteks Can I see any decent logs with the bt2000 telemetry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bukshypro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon TLR
  3. Vorteks
I love how Raz Shifrin can check his telemetry after speedruns. I understand that my £400 Arrma Vorteks with a £20 bt2000 module is not as sophisticated, but I wonder whether I could pull out something good. I downloaded some log files, but it seems its more like error logs.

Attachments

• Dashboardlog.txt
    47 KB · Views: 90
It gives you a basic sense, but it doesn’t show amps being drawn etc… castle is the way to go. If you’re wanting deeper data
So what you mean is the only telemetry thats visible is through the dashboard app? Or I could somehow get more data and build a graph myself?

So what you mean is the only telemetry thats visible is through the dashboard app? Or I could somehow get more data and build a graph myself?
I haven't had the BT2000, But if it's anything like the DX5C i had.. Then it's only given you Telemetry data. RPM,Volts.. temps.. It's hard to explain but the telmerty is basic

I love how Raz Shifrin can check his telemetry after speedruns. I understand that my £400 Arrma Vorteks with a £20 bt2000 module is not as sophisticated, but I wonder whether I could pull out something good. I downloaded some log files, but it seems its more like error logs.
If you search here and read old posts, the BT2000 has nothing but issues and a lack of follow-through by Spektrum. Great idea, but it falls far short!

Sold both mine!

If you search here and read old posts, the BT2000 has nothing but issues and a lack of follow-through by Spektrum. Great idea, but it falls far short!

Sold both mine!
OH poop! so the telemetry is also wrong? it shows only 130-140F top but it seems way hotter than that. or if it reads that, that's correct? the ESC should cutoff anyway at around 200something Fahrenheit. right?

It gives you a basic sense, but it doesn’t show amps being drawn etc… castle is the way to go. If you’re wanting deeper data
And all that Hardcore CC log data are really only necessary for Speed running.

HW has some decent logs if you run their app/BT. Plenty enough for the average Basher.
I am talking the Better High end HW ESC's Sensored ones.
Temps, volts RPMs etc.

My RL and NB4 radios give me voltage Telem readings. But I rarley look at it. I believe even Temps if you have the correct telem Rx and sensors plugged in.

And all that Hardcore CC log data are really only necessary for Speed running.
I find it very useful for bashing as it’s the only way to truly max out your motor/esc potential. Without it, there’s a good amount of guesswork and oftentimes performance is left on the table. Or worse, the system is pushed too hard.

All of my pinion choices are based on current load, motor temp, and esc temp data from throughout a run. I can also see the effect that powerful servos and fans have on my BEC voltage.

I agree that it’s not necessary though.

CC logs can work for anyone. I just never felt with bashing, you are living on the edge all the time. . Pushing the envelope. Pretty much once a rig is set up properly, it is forget and bash. If your rig fails electrically, the logs might or might not help you figure it out.
With Speed running you are aways looking to max your stuff out. Risking damage to all your electrics. The Logs are always evaluated after several runs. Helping you reach that PB, and where you failed, max power reached, duration of the pull, etc.
Ripple is not even considered with Off Road driving.

Last edited:
Many HW here haved served me well. Cost less $$. 8 of them sensored combos. Not one fire. Never a hiccup. Some as old as 6 years. Bashed hard. I still have my very first HW to this day.
But I know Not the best choice for Speed running. CC is.
Interpreting CC log data is a hobby by itself.

OH poop! so the telemetry is also wrong? it shows only 130-140F top but it seems way hotter than that. or if it reads that, that's correct? the ESC should cutoff anyway at around 200something Fahrenheit. right?

The telemetry data was right. It was the BT itself with bad firmware and issues with the DX3 radio. RC would not talk to the radio transmitter, weird issues occurred while driving it, etc... sometimes I would have to pull it out while in the field to get the tx/rx to work correctly.

The data was good...BT had issues with how it all worked together, and Spektrum in classic form does not update firmware that could fix many of their issues. Not just for these devices, others fail to follow through to update software issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back