Kraton Can i swap those plastic clips for some spacers or shims on the pillow balls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper007

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ready to take my kraton apart for cleaning..bearings and diff shims..i so hope i can do this..this is my first rc..but my question is can i swap those plastic clips for some spacers or shims on the pillow balls and control arms..thx

Ready to take my kraton apart for cleaning..bearings and diff shims..i so hope i can do this..this is my first rc..but my question is can i swap those plastic clips for some spacers or shims on the pillow balls and control arms..thx

You sure can. The clips are for easy adjustment of camber. They are available in different thickness to adjust that setting. But replacing them with washers is fine. You just need the correct thickness to achieve the camber setting you desire.

Thanks...i think that the washers might be a little better if i can get the alignment right..

I used a the bearing from the steering posts for mine.
I think he is talking about the other end of the arm by the hub that the pillow ball screws into. I pulled all of mine off and switch them out for washers.

That is an awesome fix for that area though since those spacers are easy to lose.

Last edited:
I think he is talking about the other end of the arm by the hub that the pillow ball screws into. I pulled all of mine off and switch them out for washers.

That is an awesome fix for that area though since those spacers are easy to lose.
Hah, apparently im missing those too!

Just use some washers from the hardware store
Yep, that's all I did. I actually bought a metric washer assortment kit from Amazon and it's amazing how many times they have came in handy for my rc cars.

My pillow ball pulled out; and it seems i lost one of those spacers too: does anyone know if these will work? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I5GYWV8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3R9HA3UFREGHR&psc=1
AR330366 plastic spacers are a bit smaller I.D. (5.5mm) than the stock plastic spacers (6mm) used on the upper pillowballs. They are a tighter fit, but will work. This set includes 4 different sizes of thickness (.7mm, 1.05, 1.4 & 2.1mm). The stock plastic spacer is about 1mm thick, so the 1.05mm spacer in AR330366 is closest to the stock spacer thickness, if you want the same camber.

However, I am also using washers instead of the plastic spacers. The stock steel washer on the bottom pillowballs is 6x14x1.5mm. In order to have the same camber as stock, on the top pillowballs, I am using 6x13x1mm XRAY aluminum shims. These are much lighter than steel washers and are the perfect I.D., O.D. and thickness. This is a great upgrade.

Other options (+ for more fine tuning of camber), can try the following:
Team Associated 7165 6x12x.76mm washers
Agama 0013 6x12x.2mm washers
Protek PTK-H-5913 6x11.5x.2mm diff gear washers

Note: Team Associated 89108 which is an option shim kit for the diffs includes 6.1x11x.15mm shims. These work great for trimming the steering bellcrank, but could also possibly be used to fine tune the camber on the upper pillow balls, however, the O.D. is maybe a bit small.

Thanks for this thread guys I'm new and after 3 runs I'm missing quite a few of the original composite spacers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back