Kraton Can I transplant BLX motor/ESC to the 1/8 Kraton EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTRCUSA

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a Granite blx v3 that I was hoping I could use the motor and ESC to put in the Kraton 1/8 EXB. I have a 25kg servo and Dumborc transmitter/receiver. Would I need a different pinion? I know it won't be hitting 60 but for a first build I would be fine with 40. Im going to run it on dirt trails that have 3-6 ft launch ramps. Need to practice my flip technique.

IMG_20201018_144612__01.jpg

I also have a 120a ESC and 2500kv motor.

Last edited:
Is that a joke?
Please tell me its a joke, right?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In an EXB no less.... Come on, Guys are putting 8S gear in that Kraton. The EXB even weighs more than a RTR Kraton.

If you are serious, then no pun intended, but you seriously need a lesson in RC Electrics 101. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
I have a Granite blx v3 that I was hoping I could use the motor and ESC to put in the Kraton 1/8 EXB. I have a 25kg servo and Dumborc transmitter/receiver. Would I need a different pinion? I know it won't be hitting 60 but for a first build I would be fine with 40. Im going to run it on dirt trails that have 3-6 ft launch ramps. Need to practice my flip technique.

View attachment 115370
I also have a 120a ESC and 2500kv motor.
No.

You need at least 150 amp esc and a 2050kv motor you can get that on jennyrc and you will be at the same price like if u bought a rtr. Thats why i say now with jenny rc and the EXB’s just get the exb and buy the electronics seperate and you have a superior truck at the same price as the rtr maybe a bit more depending of what radio u get and servo. But the biggest drawback i will say is the warranty. No warranty on the eledtroncis because you didnt buy it from horizonhobby or your hobbyshop directly
Thats why i only got into 6s with the EXB models i didnt want to touch the crap of the 6s v4 with crap repote servo chassi bearing and all those rhinga that need to be ditched day 1 if u want to bash seriously. But glad to see now a RTR 6s from arrma is now worth it imo. They fixed almost everything that Held their trucks down. They are good trucks but when u add the price to trow the cheap stuff out it becomes quite a lot of money. The v5 just need minor uogrades now like alluminum chassi braces. People might look at the v4 vs v5 and be extremly disappointed. But imo they fixed what the v4 should have been from day 1

You need at least 150 amp esc and a 2050kv motor you can get that on jennyrc and you will be at the same price like if u bought a rtr. Thats why i say now with jenny rc and the EXB’s just get the exb and buy the electronics seperate and you have a superior truck at the same price as the rtr maybe a bit more depending of what radio u get and servo. But the biggest drawback i will say is the warranty. No warranty on the eledtroncis because you didnt buy it from horizonhobby or your hobbyshop directly
Thats why i only got into 6s with the EXB models i didnt want to touch the crap of the 6s v4 with crap repote servo chassi bearing and all those rhinga that need to be ditched day 1 if u want to bash seriously. But glad to see now a RTR 6s from arrma is now worth it imo. They fixed almost everything that Held their trucks down. They are good trucks but when u add the price to trow the cheap stuff out it becomes quite a lot of money. The v5 just need minor uogrades now like alluminum chassi braces. People might look at the v4 vs v5 and be extremly disappointed. But imo they fixed what the v4 should have been from day 1
I guess it depends on your level of bashing as to what needs to be upgraded, but I pretty much just build from the chassis up these days. I bought a V4 typhon brand new and traded for a notorious and talion, but built the other truggified typhons, kraton, and mojave from the chassis up with the upgraded parts I wanted. I don't bash super hard but i like knowing that since i am on the edge of out of control all the time it might live through an oh poop moment hahahaha. I have seen rich and rcdude81 still having to upgrade the towers/center braces even in the exb with their style of bashing. The new exb braces don't even have the tab to lock into the chassis even though the chassis still has the notch in it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back