Can I use a DX3 transmitter with stock reciever?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Typhon 3s
So I've made a thread on this before (I believe) butttt...still having trouble.
Q: Can I use a DX3 transmitter with stock reciever (3s typhon)? If so how do I do it? Do I need to open up the box and bind the two, or?

I may not be using the right keywords on YouTube, not sure...can someone direct me to the correct video?...the old lady of course tossed pretty much all my handbooks 🤦🏻

Thanks bros!

yes, you can use the dx3 with your stock receiver. you will just have to bind the 2 together and set your transmitter end points.(throttle and steering) your manual with the dx3 should explain how to bind your radio system and set endpoints. but you are gonna have to open up the receiver box on the car as there is a button on the receiver that is going to have to be pressed.
here is a link to the dx3 users manual https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1797384/Spektrum-Dx3.html?page=4#manual

No, I don’t believe you can. The DX3 is a DSMR protocol transmitter. The SLR300 receiver that comes with a V3 Typhon 3S is SLT protocol and not compatible

No, I don’t believe you can. The DX3 is a DSMR protocol transmitter. The SLR300 receiver that comes with a V3 Typhon is SLT protocol and not compatible
Well that must be why it's not working...go figure. 🤦🏻...

A SR215 receiver is $30 and would probably be the cheapest way to get going (unless you get one of the $15-$20 DSM2 receivers from China off eBay)

Back