Can i use a Flysky it4 on arrma nero With diff brain possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uguessedit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys i bought two neros this week without diff brain and wanting to convert one of the trucks. Trucks were $550 NIB shipped so i couldnt pass up the deal. The 3 diff servo kits and diff brain will cost $96 shipped for the one truck i want to convert. The other i will leave be. I am wondering if i can use my flysky it4s with diff brain? I am assuming the green truck doesn't come with the siff brain transmitter and i am not familiar with how the technology works. I was presuming it is something additional channels control. Is the arrma transmitter essentially a 5 channel? So of i ised 4 od have to sacrifice an option? What are my options and what do you suggest? Thanks in advance.

The green Nero does come with the diff brain transmitter and the proper receiver. All you need is the diff brain module and 3 of the diff brain servo units to fully upgrade the truck. I did this upgrade myself and other than having a green body, it's identical to the $800 diff brain Nero now.

The green Nero does come with the diff brain transmitter and the proper receiver. All you need is the diff brain module and 3 of the diff brain servo units to fully upgrade the truck. I did this upgrade myself and other than having a green body, it's identical to the $800 diff brain Nero now.
Well that is good news. Thank you.

I use a Futaba 4 channel with full functionality with the diffs.
When you use the 3/4 channel to set the diff brain options do you just adjust the trim value of that channel to change or only have to press the channel button x amount of times?

I use a Futaba 4 channel with full functionality with the diffs.

The only way i can see using the iT4s is on channel 4 since that can also control the ESC and either setting the trim switch or steering wheel to control the variable signal. Probably steering wheel makes most sense but knowing which setting i was in would be the other issue. Mastering position without something to give added assurance. Perhaps 3 leds, one from each diff mounted to the back of the body so whatever sequence was lit would be the setting it was on. I will have to give it a try and see if it works. Id like to just sell off the nero tx/rx while its brand new and unused to offset some of my hobby costs.

When you use the 3/4 channel to set the diff brain options do you just adjust the trim value of that channel to change or only have to press the channel button x amount of times?

The only way i can see using the iT4s is on channel 4 since that can also control the ESC and either setting the trim switch or steering wheel to control the variable signal. Probably steering wheel makes most sense but knowing which setting i was in would be the other issue. Mastering position without something to give added assurance. Perhaps 3 leds, one from each diff mounted to the back of the body so whatever sequence was lit would be the setting it was on. I will have to give it a try and see if it works. Id like to just sell off the nero tx/rx while its brand new and unused to offset some of my hobby costs.
i had to adjust the subtrim +15 in order to get it to work right. and channel 3 controll up to step 50. I did a lot of fiddling with it in order to get it to work, but it can be done.

i had to adjust the subtrim +15 in order to get it to work right. and channel 3 controll up to step 50. I did a lot of fiddling with it in order to get it to work, but it can be done.

I haven't installed the diff brain yet or tried this. I may give it a whirl today. So many rc projects and i keep having them down for upgrades and nothing to drive, lol. Shouldnt take long this afternoon so i will see about fiddling around with what you suggest here. Thank you.

I haven't installed the diff brain yet or tried this. I may give it a whirl today. So many rc projects and i keep having them down for upgrades and nothing to drive, lol. Shouldnt take long this afternoon so i will see about fiddling around with what you suggest here. Thank you.
Yeah, I would just tinker with it. My 4px Has a two drift mode settings because there is no way that I have found to get rid of Futaba's center, so you hit drift mode, then hit the center which is still drift mode, then it goes to all diffs locked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back